Plane Crashes In Building In Milan?????6

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ottsie777

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2001
yes its on cnn right now, Italian tv reporting that piolt sent out a sos signal that he was having technical problems, plane hit 24th story of a high rise it is on fire. It was a small single engine plane.

Big_Mack

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Alabama
MILAN (Reuters) - A small tourist plane hit a skyscraper in central Milan Thursday, setting the top floors of the 30-story building on fire, a police official said.

"A Piper plane has crashed into the building," an Italian police official said. He had no further details.

It was unclear if it was an accident or not. An Italian aviation official said the plane reported technical problems before hitting the skyscraper.

Since the September 11 hijacked airliner attacks on New York's World Trade Center and in Washington, Italy has been at the forefront of the U.S.-led war on terrorism in Europe.

Eyewitnesses reported hearing a loud explosion from the office block which houses the administrative offices of the local Lombardy region and sits next to the city's central train station.

"I heard a strange bang so I went to the windows and outside I saw the windows of the Pirelli building blown out and then I saw smoke coming from them," said Gianluca Liberto, an engineer who was working in the area. The building that was hit is known as the Pirelli skyscraper but the Italian tire and cable company does not operate from it.

It is one of the symbols of Milan, Italy's financial capital, and stands 400 feet tall. The city's stock exchange suspended share trading after the incident.

In October, U.S. officials said they believed Milan's Islamic Cultural Institute was al Qaeda's main European base. Muslim leaders in Italy have denied that charge.

Italy has arrested around 30 people on suspicion of links to extremist Islamic groups since September 11 and has frozen around $300 million of suspected assets.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
TX
are they talking about terrorist or just mecanical problem.
So its a small plane; like less then 10 passagers.

FENWAY

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2000
All the news storys ive heard say only one person, the pilot was onboard the small plane and it was a accident not terriost attack.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
no one knows if it is an accident or a terror attack......a terrorist could have easily called SOS in to evert suspicion of terror while he proceeded to fly into the building....

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
Sorry but i'm having a hard time not believing it not a terrorist act.
i'm not second guessing on the pilot integrity but this doesn't look like just an accident
any thoughts

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Frogy

Forum Member
Nov 26, 2000
Quebec, Canada
I dont care about his age, thats not an argument for me

Was he really alone on board.

That tower is a symbol in italy for $$$$ and italy arrested many people and frozen assets from people involdved in WYT

we, the public, dont know everything

This just sound strange to me.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
The early report that I heard also said mecanical failure.Eyewitnesses said they saw a fire on the plane before it crashed into the building.

A few minutes after the crash,a member of parliment was screaming that it was a terrorist attack.He did this without even knowing the cause of the crash.I know Italy has had terrorists attacks recently,but find this hysterical cry about terrorism by this member of parliment to be irresponsible without knowing for sure.He can make people frightened.
BTW I am not saying it is irresponsible on forums such as this to think it may be terrorism.Just someone in the public eye with influence.