play

FriendMickey

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
LV, NV
nothing is ever a sure thing in Baseball, but some pretty heavy hitters out here are on the Blue Jays tonight.

Take Two ?

Forum Member
Jun 5, 2001
Virginia
Mickey - welcome aboard. What do you mean by heavy hitters. Good luck with your picks, if you are posting some. TT
smile.gif

A

Antonio

where are these so called heavy hitters if the line keeps rising ???

FriendMickey

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
LV, NV
TT,

Thanks for the welcome, i appreciate it. by 'heavy hitters', i mean people whose opinion is respected and who back their opinion with a lot of dough. i guess i wasnt clear, but of course tor is a play that i have made.

antonio,

your query is a bit strident and certainly naive, but i will indulge you. that line jumped simply because the public was all over atlanta, just like they are almost every game. a relative no-namer going for tor and you have a recipe for a square-fest. you can be sure that a lot of us were banging that line all the way up the ladder.

dont ever believe that only big groups have the ability to move lines. its not true. the public can move games just as easily.

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
if the line doesnot move across the board at about the sametime,then its public cash more then not.
and a group which i know 2 quite well are not that different then a sharp player or even a above avg player they just get down more money with their net work of runners,and there is one group that will move the line to get it where they want it,then pound the other side because they made the false move to get what they want.
this may sound strange,but i look to who i think will win or if its an ov or un play.i dont look at lines till i have my play then i shearch for my best number,
good luck mickey i played braves because of starting pitching hunch thats all,sure not because they are a powerhouse team,this was a hunch. i will email you in a few days when i am back on my feet.

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
Welcome Mickey,

Respect your play on Toronto. I played ATL average and under 2x above average.

Here's a few of my thoughts as I seldom have time before I post. I do apologize for that, but that's the way it is.

Burkett is hard to play against. Look at the stats L4.

Under: Burkett should continue a semblence of his recent past with a fairly good BP going into tonight. Travel and the hype playing the Yankees goes out as hogwash - been playing these games too long. Never said you said these things, just my opinion.

Also like the under as Braves bats are not exactly on fire. Everyone knows that.

To be honest as always, Michalak scares me both ways. Can he pitch well tonight and win - happens sometimes with call up's. Or will he kill my under, succombing as a somewhat experienced call-up? Not sure?

A few ramblings off the top of my head as I've thought enough today, baseball and second job.
smile.gif

gl!

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Welcome Mick! (said with an Australian accent like Crocodile Dundee)

Been watching the Toronto game. The score is now two to zip. I played the under, but backed off the side.

The way Toronto is playing I think your chances of getting out of here with a winner are as Mick Dundee would say, "Better than average."

kcwolf

Forum Member
Aug 1, 2000
Iowa City
My fault, I failed to factor in the the straight errors by the Braves.

Should have been able to handicap that for Pete's sake!
biggrin.gif

Good luck Mickey and again welcome! Good night all!

kcwolf

FriendMickey

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
LV, NV
Never Caught Up,

Thanks for the welcome, I do appreciate it.

Fletcher,

No doubt man, some groups are only proficient at throwing their money around. Nothing else.

KC wolf,

Thanks for the greetings, but there is nothing more irritating to me than lame excuses for a loss-especially before the game is over. for one thing, defense is a huge part of the game, but more importantly in this case toronto scored 7 earned runs and atl scored 4. so its not like defense cost them the game. bad relief pitching did.

we all win some and we all lose some. no excuses needed, especially when they don't apply.

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
hey good call today looks like i am going to take one on the chin but had to happen sooner or later.i will get ahold of you wen or the day after.

A

Antonio

Mickey, trust me im not naive by any means my friend
wink.gif
BUT, it is not as easy for the public to move a line compared to a Wiseguy or group of heavy hitters, and yes i do know the term heavy hitters, been around the block many times...Antonio

Take Two ?

Forum Member
Jun 5, 2001
Virginia
Mick - good call on the Toronto game - should have backed off ATL or listened to you about the heavy hitters...
smile.gif
Keep them winners a comin'....

FriendMickey

Forum Member
Jun 11, 2001
LV, NV
antonio, did it occur to you that the line would have moved a lot more if the sharp money wasn't taking back. public money moved that game. thats not to say that everybody who took atl is a square but overall the public saw an untested pitcher against the mighty braves and they jumped it.

tt, thanks, even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then

fletcher, sounds good

the rat, im sorry you feel that way. btw-that was pretty rude stuff in fletchers thread. he isn't obligated to answer your questions. oh well, it takes all kinds i guess.

good luck today, guys

Mickey

sniper

Forum Member
Jun 8, 2000
ottawa ont canada
what could also be a factor for smart money on t.o. is that the braves plane had problems and they didn't touchdown till 5a.m. yesterday...every little bit helps

Bet on MyBookie