Playing Parlays

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Does anyone else do this? I am playing parlays on all my bets up to the Super Bowl. Every bet I would have made I make it a parlay now up to the Super bowl. So say I bet 10 bucks on Indiana tonight. I make it a 10 parlay Indiana and the Patriots. If I lose tonight I would have lost anyway but if I win I now have a $25 bet on the Patriots for the super bowl that I only paid 10 bucks for. It all adds up. The Super Bowl is my big bet for the year even though I play something just about every day.

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
Devil's advocate here. What if the Patriots lose/don't cover? ALL the bets you make between now and then that are losers are still losers, but all the bets you make between now and then that are winners turn into losers.

Seems like maybe not the best strategy, but if it's just for fun/the hell of it then I say go for it.

Good luck.

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
Agreed but lets say I was going to bet $500 on the Super Bowl. And if I cant get say 10 wins between now and then that's an extra $150 bucks I can either add to my bet or only bet $350 on the Super Bowl and have $500 in action.

Penguinfan

Thread banned
Forum Member
Dec 5, 2001
Vanished into vortex
Agreed but lets say I was going to bet $500 on the Super Bowl. And if I cant get say 10 wins between now and then that's an extra $150 bucks I can either add to my bet or only bet $350 on the Super Bowl and have $500 in action.

Understood. I know people sometimes go larger than normal on the Superbowl, but I wasn't thinking of a spread of $15 bets to $500 in action, LOL.

I mess around with round robin bets and am always sorry when I hit 4 out of 5 and think of what could have been. Good luck with it, I hope you crush it.

hedgehog

Registered
Forum Member
Oct 30, 2003
TX
Does anyone else do this? I am playing parlays on all my bets up to the Super Bowl. Every bet I would have made I make it a parlay now up to the Super bowl. So say I bet 10 bucks on Indiana tonight. I make it a 10 parlay Indiana and the Patriots. If I lose tonight I would have lost anyway but if I win I now have a $25 bet on the Patriots for the super bowl that I only paid 10 bucks for. It all adds up. The Super Bowl is my big bet for the year even though I play something just about every day.

:0074

Good luck, love this strategy, I?m on the pats moneyline for all my free play i had left I won in ml contest :toast:

StevieD

Forum Member
Jun 18, 2002
Boston
I think my math was wrong. I am only gaining 5 bucks a win not 15. But still. I thinks it's a plus.

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
I take a portion if what I was going to bet on all these individual games and put that into a 2 teamer to the future game

100 bucks on team a today
Turns into
85 bucks on team a today
15 two team parlay team a to future game

Accomplishes goal of cashing in winners now and increasing oayiut of future....also helps you eliminate the spread and put fav into parlay as a ml choice vs laying points

zoomer

Forum Member
Feb 20, 2000
Massapequa Park, NY USA
I take a portion if what I was going to bet on all these individual games and put that into a 2 teamer to the future game

100 bucks on team a today
Turns into
85 bucks on team a today
15 two team parlay team a to future game

Accomplishes goal of cashing in winners now and increasing oayiut of future....also helps you eliminate the spread and put fav into parlay as a ml choice vs laying points

I do something similar. But I tease it so everything I have working ends up as Rams plus 8.5

Bet on MyBookie