Plays/writeup

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
LSU (-5) at Kentucky
Nobody likes to play road favorites, but I really like this one. This is a "contrary to the public" play. We have LSU, who lost 31-7 against Auburn, and Kentucky killing Mississippi State
45-24. But lets look closer at the numbers, shall we? LSU was killed by turnovers last week, even fumbling on the opening snap. After 4 first half tunovers, they were only down 17-0. Nick Saban has had a bye week to get ready for this pretty good Kentucky team. Kentucky last week beat Miss St. 45-24. 2 punt returns for TD's and 5 Miss St turnovers (none for Kentucky) helped a little :rolleyes: . I think they are an overrated team, with some good players, but they haven't ran into a defense this good (LSU is giving up 230.4 yards, TOTAL) and Saban is going to have something up his sleve to win this one. He is not going to let LSU lose to Kentucky, esp. when they are in the SEC race.

Arkansas (-3) at South Carolina
What did I say about road favorites? Anyway, who has South Carolina beat that is a quality opponent? Kentucky, Miss St, Vandy New Mexico State and Temple. They got killed by LSU and that 10-18 score against Tenn. was missleading. They should have lost that game by 20. Arkansas beat Ole Miss and killed Auburn, and only lost to Tennessee by 3, in a very good game at Tennessee. They did lose to Kentucky by 12, but also, a very missleading score. They outgained the Wildcats by 182 yards. S.C. isnt going to be able to run the ball, and Ark. should be ready for the pass all game.

N.C. State- They can win this game straight up with no problem, and if I am getting 6.5 points, that is a must take. Great value. Everyone off their bandwagon after one game. Fine. They have one of the best QB-RB tandoms in the country, and an outstanding coach. Maryland has come on strong, but with wins over North Carolina (without their best player, Durant), Duke, Georgia Tech, West Virginia, Wofford and E Mich, I am not impressed. They got smoked when they played good teams like Fla St and Notre Dame. N.C. State had a bad game last week. So after one game, we are going to make them 6.5 point dogs over an average team. Come on.

San Jose St (+3.5)-I wrote a huge writeup titled "Big Time Line Value" on the 2nd page. Bump it up if you would like. :thumb:

ASU (-5) aginst Cal-Everyone knows I have touted ASU for the last 5 weeks. They are 4-1. I haven't wrote anything about them this week, b/c everyone probably thinks I just bet on them b/c I am a fan. Not true. ASU is one of the best teams in the conference (right now the 2nd) against a suprising Cal team. The ASU/WSU game was closer than indicated. ASU is a lot better team than they showed. I was disgusted in how they played. In the 1st half there was 2 lost fumbles, a shanked punt, a penalty that negated a punt down at the 1, and 2 unbelieveable INT by WSU. Not to mention, the Sun Devils were within the Cougars on 5 yard line 3 times and got......... 3 POINTS!!!! It was just a bad game by the Sun Devils. Here is a Cal team who is pretty good, just not as good as ASU. If home field is worth 4 points, are you telling me Cal would be 3 point favorites at Cal? Come on. ASU averages 50 more yards on offense and 35 less yards on defense. Cal has been outgained in yardage their last 5 games. The home team has covered the last 5. ASU is playing their last game at home, an although we only have 3 seniors starting, it is still a big emotional game. I spoke to Andrew Walter on Wednesday in class, and he said that they are going to be more than ready this weekend. The players are "anxious" to get back on the field.

GLTA, input appricicated...

Last edited:

Fluk

Forum Member
Jan 13, 2002
Auburn
Looks like some winner Marra.

I think you might be on the right side of that LSU game but I have to root against it - need LSU to lose for Auburn to have a chance at SEC West title!

I do love the Razorbacks and Wolfpack.

Good luck this weekend
Fluk

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
Arkansas looks like a winner. Between Arkansas's run defense and South Carolina's injuries at receiver, how are the Gamecocks going to score?

The University of South Carolina had six healthy receivers at practice Thursday -- and five of those were first-year players.

Ryan Brewer (ankle), James Adkisson (hamstring), Michael Ages (collarbone) and Andrea Gause (knee) will all miss Saturday's game against Arkansas, coach Lou Holtz said. And wide receiver Mikal Goodman missed practice after coming down with a stomach illness, although Holtz said he should be able to play against the Razorbacks.

As a result, Holtz had only one experienced player at wide receiver -- sophomore Matthew Thomas, who just moved back to offense from cornerback this week. Asked whom he'll play Saturday, Holtz replied: "Why do you people ask the hard questions first?"

The likely starting threesome would be Thomas and freshmen Troy Williamson and Kris Clark, a walk-on. Freshman Andre Hemphill would be the fourth receiver. Also expected to see action are Jared Farabee and Corey Taylor, who also run track at USC but are in their first year on the football team.

"You're going to see them all," Holtz said. "Everybody we've got."

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

KsYaS

Soy Puro Cabron
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
M?xico
Just one thought, if you see the MD/NCSt objetively, the NCSt schedule is weak too, really weak!! that's why a lot of people thinks they were go to lose Vs Clemson, what a joke of team Clemson, and then all the people thinks NCSt is for real, and go to home to lost vS Georgia TEch, I think NCSt is going down! and MD is flying so hight right now!!

good luck in your plays ! :D