"Pleaser" question for forum....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Marco

Forum Member
Nov 29, 2003
I think it's offered at Mill....not quite sure...I saw a bet being offered on parlays......"pleasers" as they called them, reverse from a regular teaser, in this case points are added against you for a better payout on the odds....for example, if you had a six point pleaser and total of 38 and bet the over your total is now 44...

If I remember correctly a two team six point pleaser paid 6 to 1......

At times I have played round-robin parlays, using 5 picks, therefore resulting in ten 2-team parlays played among the 5 picks....

Given that example, using 5 picks.....would there be any advantage to playing round robin pleasers and take the 6 to 1 on the winning parlays, instead of 13 to 5 on the regular two-team parlays?

My experience with round robins has been mixed....it can rain money if most of the picks win, while at the same time going 1-4 is the same as going ofer 5 with straight action....

I'm inclined to think that if this would work out it would work out better in college football, where the outcomes are so much more lopsided that 6 points wouldn't matter as much as in the pro game....

Any of you guys a whiz at math.....there has to be some formula to figure out what winning percentage would make this pan out??