Point guard Dismissed from Bulldogs

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Jdog22

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2001
Oregon
Line on GA-AR game has droppd 2 full points already!!!

'Last straw' leads to point guard's dismissal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ESPN.com news services

Georgia point guard Tony Cole has been dismissed from the team, athletics department officials told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Saturday.

Georgia coach Jim Harrick reportedly decided to dismiss Cole without waiting for the results of an ongoing rape investigation, said officials, who refused to be identified.

Cole, starting center Steve Thomas and football player Brandon Williams have not been charged but were suspended from their teams.

But Cole has repeatedly been late to practices and meetings, one official said. "It's over," the official said. "It was his last straw."

Cole could not be reached for comment Saturday.

Cole, 21, transferred from Wabash Valley Community College in Illinois last fall. The 5-foot-11, 175-pound junior averaged 5.6 points and 15.4 minutes in 16 games. He scored 21 points in 18 minutes of Georgia's 91-74 win at Pepperdine on Dec. 17.

Athens-Clarke County district attorney Ken Mauldin is expected early this week to decide whether to pursue criminal charges after a female student told police she was raped by a basketball player, and she said a football player tried to rape her at McWhorter Hall on Jan. 14.

Cole will retain his scholarship for the rest of the spring semester but will not return next fall. Cole played at five high schools and two junior colleges the past four

Ike Bomb

Forum Member
Jan 3, 2002
I posted this a couple of days ago

I posted this a couple of days ago

I wonder how this will affect the team

:shrug:

Jdog22

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2001
Oregon
Ike Bomb, sorry bud didnt see your post, but as you saw they lost their starting center too!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg