Poor Boise St

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bigfootballfan

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2006
God they achieve 12-0 again this season yet they're only ranked 10?! I know they didn't play any ranked team but it isn't their fault!!! This system has to be changed or they'll NEVER NEVER have a chance to compete for the national title.

HoopsGuru

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2004
they shouldn't compete for a title. if you want to compete for a title and you're not a major team then schedule some great teams

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Are you serious? How do you think Ohio State, Michigan, Florida, USC, or LSU would do against BSU's schedule? If you think beating Oregon State, Wyoming, Utah, and Fresno State entitles you to a national championship game, you're clueless. They beat ONE ranked team, and that was freakin' HAWAII, and they are #24!!!

Here's an idea for Boise State (if they are serious about getting a national championship).... Instead of playing a non-conference schedule of Sacramento State, Oregon State, and Wyoming, try scheduling 3 highly ranked programs. Play at Oregon, LSU, and at Louisville. Nobody's asking you to play and beat USC, Ohio State, and Florida, just play SOMEBODY that effin matters, and play more than one of them.

If your problem is that you have to play all of these teams (or most) on the road, then tough. You are Boise State, and you will have to work for your shot because you are a nobody. You need the big names, they sure is hell don't need you. On the other hand, if BSU is content making a little noise in the polls every year and dominating their conference, more power to them. Nobody says they have to play with the big boys, but if they want to be considered one, then step up to the damn plate.

Bottom line is, if BSU wants respect, they need to schedule up and earn it. Their current schedule is third rate at best. The teams you need to beat aren't in your league, so schedule them in your non-conference schedule.

Here is your non-national championship caliber schedule:

Thu, Aug 31 Sacramento State W 45-0 --
Thu, Sep 7 Oregon State W 42-14 --
Sat, Sep 16 at Wyoming W 17-10 --
Sat, Sep 23 Hawaii W 41-34 --
Sat, Sep 30 at Utah W 36-3 --
Sat, Oct 7 Louisiana Tech W 55-14 --
Sun, Oct 15 at New Mexico State W 40-28 --
Sat, Oct 21 at Idaho W 42-26 --
Wed, Nov 1 Fresno State W 45-21 --
Sat, Nov 11 at San Jose State W 23-20 --
Sat, Nov 18 Utah State W 49-10 --
Sat, Nov 25 at Nevada W 38-7

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

blgstocks

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2005
So. Cal
I agree gmroz

I think Boise is perfectly happy being a team that has an outstanding record, can make it to a bowl that they usually dont merit, and dominate or top their div year in and year out. They get more money from the big bowl game and they probably mop up when it comes to recuiting anywear near there. I don't think we should be saying poor boise whatsoever.

Fresno St wasnt happy doing that, they wanted to contend and so they scheduled USC, LSU, and others. They are garbage this year, but regardless, two different approaches from similar situations.

In Boise defense of their schedule, I have heard more than one report over the last two years of major programs turning down their offer to play them. I do not know if it was an offer to play at Boise though. And the scheduling is often done more than a couple years in advance in some cases. So Boise might be stuck with subpar comp. for a few more years and they would have nothing to do about it.

CWood97

Forum Member
Jan 6, 2003
Michigan
Boise is the biggest fraud in the history of college football. That is a 5th place team in a major conference.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Roger Baltrey

Forum Member
Sep 13, 2005
Didn't they play Georgia last year in Athens? Is a game at Utah an easy out of conference game? Isn't Oregon St. the same team who beat USC. They are a quality program. I definitely rather see them in a major bowl than see ND get their brains beat in again.

BleedDodgerBlue

Admin
Forum Member
Feb 12, 2004
los angeles
they are a quality mid major.

not many teams will schedule them. nobody wants to open their year with them.

but at the same time they shouldn't be a division 1 school. this is very similar to utah a few years back. this is all that is wrong with division 1 football and there being no playoff.

they play in their division and won all their games. they have problems scheduling ooc games. they did everything asked of them. its not their fault they play in the wac. if the big ten offered them a spot in their conference they would accept in a hearbeat. if you tell a team that they are a division one school and win all their games and they have zero chance at a title, then why bother even being in division one. the whole system is screwed up.

yeah, poor boise, but in reality they couldn't beat the top tier teams in division one, but they shouldn't be playing division one if they dont' get the chance.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Craiger

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2001
Massachusetts
This team is most efficiently on the edge .. Horse head in the bed though if skittish on scheduling .. next year I see a notre dame matchup*

sdf

Forum Member
Mar 22, 2002
no one wants to schedule them for a home and home. and it's not fair to make boise ONLY travel to BCS conference schools.

i dont think they are good enough to push for a national championship game, but they are BCS worthy and frankly it shows exactly why we need a playoff system.

too bad the college presidents wont have it :com:

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
i dont think they are good enough to push for a national championship game

I would say that...

Considering Boise would probably be getting 21-24 points in a national championship game against Ohio State at a neutral site.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
I don't think they are worthy of a national champ. berth, but as someone brought up the point; they did beat the HELL out of Oregon St., which beat USC:mj07:

Can't wait for Scott to comment on this one

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
it's not fair to make boise ONLY travel to BCS conference schools.

Not fair? They need the game, not the other way around. BTW, USC isn't afraid to play teams on the road without a return trip. It's not about being fair, it's about whether or not you want to be considered for a National Championship game, or if you want to "outpunt your coverage" and play over your head in a bowl game every year.

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
Didn't they play Georgia last year in Athens? Is a game at Utah an easy out of conference game? Isn't Oregon St. the same team who beat USC.

So they have one quality non-conference game in two years (Georgia), that'll really impress the computers/pollsters.

Utah IS an easy out of conference game for the big boys, just because it's not for Boise, doesn't make it a quality opponent. What is Utah (7-5) ranked anyway?

Oregon State is the same team that beat USC. They are also the same team that lost to Washington State (6-6), UCLA (6-5), and were destroyed by CAL on their home field.

Skipper

BITCH!!
Forum Member
Feb 19, 2003
Knoxville
gmroz,

You make some good points, but it is hard to take you seriously with that avatar:mj07:

Top 5 that I have ever seen

Toledo Prophet

Forum Member
Oct 5, 2005
Toledo, Ohio
Everyone is making good points....what i would add is that to some degree Boise needs to slowy prove itself.....in 2004 they went undefeated, went to the Liberty Bowl and went toe to toe with an excellent Louisville team in a classic bowl game.....now two years later the are undefeated again, knocking on the BCS door.....i say let them play Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan, whomever.....if Boise wins, it gives them a bit more credence in a year or two when/if they go undefeated again....if they get crushed, its back to the Liberty Bowl or something after their next 12-win season...i personally want to see Boise play Notre Dame; dont care if it is the Fiesta Bowl and the New Orleans Bowl, i would love to see them, but they are the 2 teams causing the most controversey vis a vis BCS inclusion....so let them but heads!!!

Personally, Boise would never win a BCS conference....but i feel that year in and year out they would win enough games to become bwl eligible more often than not.....seriously, do you guys think they couldn't finish in the top half of the Pac10 or Big10 this year.....i think they would!

Just my two cents!!!

WhatsHisNuts

Woke
Forum Member
Aug 29, 2006
Earth
www.ffrf.org
i say let them play Notre Dame, Oklahoma, Michigan, whomever.....if Boise wins, it gives them a bit more credence in a year or two when/if they go undefeated again....if they get crushed, its back to the Liberty Bowl or something after their next 12-win season.

seriously, do you guys think they couldn't finish in the top half of the Pac10 or Big10 this year.....i think they would!

I don't think it would be fair for Oklahoma, Michigan, or another top 10 team because BSU is still an unproven program. The bowl system is still a reward system and I always hate to see quality programs matched up against one hit wonders from small conferences. If I played for one of these big schools, in ten years, I'd rather tell people about a bowl game against a major power instead of how we lost one game and then played effin Boise State on Jan 1st.

As for where they would finish in the Big Ten or Pac 10....remember, those conferences are tough for even Michigan and OSU to roll through because the season really wears on you (playing in these major conferences). In my opinion, BSU would struggle to finish in the top half of the conference because at some point you end up facing Penn State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Michigan State, Iowa, Michigan, and OSU in some sort of succession. While not all of these teams seem like tough ones to overcome, try playing at Purdue after battling Penn State, Wisconsin, and Michigan State in a row (with Michigan or OSU on deck). It is rough. There are some weak teams but even they can jump up and bite you. It's Big Ten talent, so you never who is going to get you when you aren't 100% ready.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

moe777

Forum Member
Oct 8, 2003
east coast
I don't think they are worthy of a national champ. berth, but as someone brought up the point; they did beat the HELL out of Oregon St., which beat USC:mj07:

Can't wait for Scott to comment on this one

they beat oregon state wich beat usc so they are better than usc,if it was that simple we would all be millionaires..Fresno state is the perfect example,if they had any balls they would do what fresno does..theres not even an outcry about this,nothing b/c their should be none.A playoiff you say? they wouldnt even be in that:mj07: