Portugese

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Bookmakers in turmoil.... some beauty differences of opinion on this one...

2 recent disappointments surprisingly head the betting:
Bickerton as low as 14/1 at Coral but more realistic 25/1 bet365
Brian Davis 16/1 Surrey but nearer the mark at 28/1 Coral.
Have to leave them alone as I bear grudges....

Just one bet so far (at the risk of upsetting Clive) taken a little 40/1 Justin Rose at Chandler. His event form is poor but as the venue keeps changing that doesn't matter as much - but at least he has 2 wins this year and this has a 3rd division look about it.

Nearly tempted by the 66/1 Jacquelin at Hills, 25/1 in some places.
There must be some other value to be had... at these conflicting prices.

Last edited:

Ian

Forum Member
Sep 18, 2000
Exeter UK
www.sportsbettingindex.com
Going with Stenson again - I think he will settle down now they have hit the mainland - 100/1 Bet365, and the other player is the Spaniard whose career is very similar to that of Borrego (last weeks winner) - Ignacio Garrido - has finished top 4 in 2 of the last 5 in Portugal 66/1 Centrebet

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
I am going for a measly 0.5 ew on Garrido at 50/1...only because I do not want to miss him!
Hate it when no course form, and 3 out of last five winners were first timers..Price was one of other two and he had not won for 9 years...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Myron

Forum Member
Oct 14, 2001
Hamilton, Ontario
Stanley it looks like you're sitting pretty with Carl Peterson right now. I don't know what happened but it appears the weather changed for the worse later in the day. Pierre Fulke never teed off.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Pettersson certainly got the better of the weather, but it was still not that good - he was still four shots better than any other player teeing off in the morning. He's a big lad, solid build, so he should be able to stand up in these strong winds.

He has a very impressive NCAA record while at North Carolina State University and while I would normally oppose 1st round leaders, I think he does have the nerve to hold on and given the weather forecast, this could easily become a 54-hole event :)

BTW, I had no idea that WSEX had introduced interactives for the European Tour. Very useful for future hedging :)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Stan,
Petterson is certainly in prime position... if you fancy hedging the last time I was there you could lay some 7/4 at betfair.

now even money after -2 thru first 4... could say you have value!

Last edited:

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
Stan, hope you took BM's advice...what is happening there! Went to bed 6 clear of field, just come back from shopping and now tied for lead...
Borrego has good score, but think he was finished early. Looks like afternoon tee-times yesterday suffered badly...
Looking for a good wind player now..looking at Muntz who won in wind in Qatar a while back and finished second on two links courses as well..just lneed for a price now..all gone quiet..
Even Garrido in with a chance at +4...

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Have been watching the delayed coverage. Seemed very windy and was getting even windier as they finished :rolleyes:

Did hedge Pettersson and couldn't believe it when Stan James had Pettersson 4/9 to win last night :rolleyes: He looked destined for a double-bogey when the horn went yesterday. He did and suffered like everyone else at the 11th and 14th.

Am still hoping for a 54-hole event with Owen at better odds and only one back :brows:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Pettersson/Forsyth Leads by 4

Price 60th
Pettersson 1st
Owen 3rd

Chaotic event with winds strong enough to blow the ball off tees! Pettersson had the best of the weather in the 1st round and Owen the best of it in the 2nd, so everything evened out and very glad to have two players in great contention. Pettersson did have a 6-shot lead at one stage, but in the highest-scoring event since Carnoustie, I'll take (and I'm sure he will) a tie for the lead with Gilford with Owen only one shot back. No further play for today and the event has been reduced to 54 holes. The strong winds are forecast to continue tomorrow though.

sarmstrong

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2002
I have been following this forum for quite some time now and would like to say well done and thank you to everyone who posts.

However, am i the only one has noticed that Stanley posted his selections for the Portuguese Open at 4.11pm on the Thursday. That was after Pettersson's wonderful opening round had finished. It maybe a coincidence and i apoligise if i doing you a huge disservice Stanley.

I wish you all the luck over the weekend with your selections.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

steved

Forum Member
Feb 9, 2002
teddington. uk
Isn't the PGA Euro Tour site useless at live coverage...a sad day when teletext is best way to get updates on what is happening...