Possibly a good spot for Cleveland Saturday

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

picasso

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Saw this little blurb regarding the Cleveland/Golden State game Saturday:

==============================================

Cavs coach Paul Silas said that his team's chance to remain in the hunt for the final playoff spot comes down to Saturday's home game against Golden State.

``Tomorrow night's game, that's the season,'' he said. ``If we win that game, we have a chance. If not, it will be tough.''

==============================================

It's also Golden State's 4th road game in 5 nights and Dampier is expected to miss the game. The overnight line ranges from -5.5 to -6.

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
seems like coach rhetoric to me. silas said the game on friday vs milwaukee was a 'must win'.

right now, i wouldnt bet the cavs with someone else's money. theyre talking like theyre just happy to have been in the hunt for a playoff spot.

gl if you play em. but i think the cavaliers are done.

one thing you do have in your favor is that this series has been incredibly home-dominated recently. dont know the exact #s but i think home team has covered the L7 or 8 in the series.

cavs just look dead to me.:shrug:

Unicorn

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2001
Gahanna, OH USA
Silas didn't rest LeBron for as long as he did in the 4th quarter for nothing. Golden State ran up and down the floor all night last night against Boston. Cleveland still has some fight in them, they're just not that good, and an entirely different team without McInnis running the point. But, they're good enough to wax a team at home that is about equal in talent, coming off a track meet game, with their best player dinged up (Dampier), whose playing their 4th game in 5 nights. Cleveland's big men should have a field day tonight, especially Big E since he was non-existant last night, and usually goes off when teams don't have their a big man presence. I agree that's it's great play Picasso! As much as I'm soured on the NBA, I'll be playing that game large... ;)

Good luck!!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Unicorn

Forum Member
Jan 19, 2001
Gahanna, OH USA
Been looking more at this game, and the comments I've read seems GS is genuinely pissed they lost that game to Boston last night. I don't like betting against a team that's hungry, even after a run and gunner. Plus, GS is starting to play some lesser names who always give greater effort. Still like the Cavs but at-7, there might be some better stuff out there. I do think last nites game will effect both teams' D,so the over might be a better play..

RIGHT SIDE

Forum Member
Mar 19, 2004
Bay Area, California
Yeah, good point on the Warriors, but I think the Cavs still win the game. I'd take the money line and parlay it with some other money line pick instead of laying the 7 points....that does seem like a lot to me. Good Luck!!