Possibly moving to Las Vegas

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
A buddy of mine got a very nice internship in Vegas from June thru October. It's unpaid and he is asking me to go with him and split rent etc.

I'm considering going but wanted some advice on looking for work in Vegas. I enjoy sportsbetting and I know a lot (no delusions of being a "pro"). I also have a passion for golf, hence my many posts in the golf wagering forum. Caddying is off the table as it'll be too hot and I have a bad knee....any idea?

I have a worthless degree it Marketing but it's gotten me nowhere so far.

Thanks

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Vegas was/is one of the hardest hit of any city in USA, but it is getting better.

I am sure other madjackers will help ya on the job front, but I can tell ya that you can get a rather nice place for cheap. And fully furnished no less. There are a ton of places stay at and they all compete with one another. If ya know how to haggle, you'll get a decent place for a good price.

Hope that helps.

If looking for job from June thru October I am sure there is something you can do at a golf course besides caddy:shrug:

zealot

Vegas res
Forum Member
Dec 1, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I work in the golf industry out here in Vegas. Myself and Sleasy77 both work at TPC Summerlin. He also works at the Wynn golf club. Not a lot of golf course job opportunities right now as close to no new hires are being completed out here. What did you have in mind?

JimmyTime

Forum Member
Oct 25, 2007
zealot

Hey man, yeah Summerlin is a nice track, I played it about a year ago while it was dormant but still very nice. I worked in a pro shop at a local public course where I live. I am not looking for anything serious just something to do m-fri, make some scratch. I don't really have a life plan yet, too young...work during the days, go out once a week.

We'd be far from the strip (thankfully) near summerlin actually is where in internship is, and I do see the rent is so low. I'm still pondering it..

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
i'm another vegas local...I play poker for a living though, so im not sure I can be of help on the job front....I do know the world series of poker hires a ton of temp dealers for june and july so if u are halfway decent and can learn im sure that money and experience is decent...or else why not just work at a starbucks or something...
I love golf also, same boat as you, caddied back home at a club...Id love to work at a place out here but as sleaz and the other guy alluded to, there aint many advertised spots open as those are popular jobs, and economy out here is bad for locals...the good side is, housing is cheap and nice, nice weather, hot girls, good food, and very little traffic...let me know if u make it out here id be happy to help anyway I could..

LetsMakeMoney

~Gambla~
Forum Member
Mar 6, 2005
Sin City
don't do it .....save urself!! u've been warned :mj07: ...........Vegas gets old after a while,better to just visit and go back :0003

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
don't do it .....save urself!! u've been warned :mj07: ...........Vegas gets old after a while,better to just visit and go back :0003

yeah vegas does get old, you have to have control of yourself here or it could get ugly, ive seen it....letsmakemoney, are u still here? lets meet for a beer sometime, we emailed a long time ago when i moved out here...im still here, somehow.

LetsMakeMoney

~Gambla~
Forum Member
Mar 6, 2005
Sin City
yeah vegas does get old, you have to have control of yourself here or it could get ugly, ive seen it....letsmakemoney, are u still here? lets meet for a beer sometime, we emailed a long time ago when i moved out here...im still here, somehow.

gonna have a bbq soon at the house,i'll let u know soon....hope all is good :0008

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
gonna have a bbq soon at the house,i'll let u know soon....hope all is good :0008

cool man, have some single women there for me :) lol....im living in rhodes ranch right now southwest, though only till end of april then i have to move (to my 4th place in 2 years, damn everyone transient here).....things are going well with poker though ive had my bad times...i also havent bet sports because i just couldnt handle the losing, i know ur good at college hoops...hope alls well with you too man! do u still have my email addy?

NySportsfan

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2002
Long Island, NY
cool....yeah people move around a ton out here, ive already tried to be sheistered by 2 landlords but luckily being from ny i sniffed out the scams lol got to walk with 2 eyes open out here as u know! i try to live a 'normal' life when im not on the strip...talk to u soon bro

ESPNTED

ESPNTED
Forum Member
Dec 10, 2006
California
Wow 3 years... Will contact you when i am in Vegas... My Family is good and exspecting a new baby boy next month.. You take care bro..

Bet on MyBookie