Post Derby

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
Congrats to those who had Super Saver.

What have we learned from this year's derby? Or, did the conditions throw everything out the window for you?

Thoughts?

hogman14

HBD Sports!
Forum Member
Nov 24, 2002
Franklin, MA
IMO crazy to see the odds all come down due to weather and people taking a chance on anyone out there. Thought Jackson Bend would have had a better run.

airportis

Forum Member
Sep 22, 2006
NJ
pretty much was a crap shoot this year, but Ice Box was the best horse in the race. Would have won going away if he didnt have to slam on the brakes after getting cut off at the top of the stretch. Even after slamming on the brakes he got going again and closed hard to get up for 2nd.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gjn23

Forum Member
Mar 20, 2002
So. Cal
pretty much was a crap shoot this year, but Ice Box was the best horse in the race. Would have won going away if he didnt have to slam on the brakes after getting cut off at the top of the stretch. Even after slamming on the brakes he got going again and closed hard to get up for 2nd.

i think ice box ran a very good race but was clearly the 2nd best horse....although would probably have a better chance in the belmont

borel got his horse in great position, ran a great race, passed horses and was never threatened or asked to do much.

all that said....the track probably makes it a bit more difficult to say how these horses really look.

Dice34

Off parole
Forum Member
Dec 18, 2004
D.O.C.
1st time I ever bet the Derby

I sat at work all day saturday, listening to channel 126 on Sirius, show was called Down the Stretch...had a bunch of big time horse bettors and other quality info for novice's....

long story short, i took my info and gut feeling to the local Downs...put down a couple of exacta box's and 3- trifecta box's and hit with a 2-4-10 $2 trifecta box....my lucky $12 bet earned $2,337.40...i thank sirius and scotty farell from the night before:mj06:

i had a $4 exacta box($8) of 4 and 10...but ice box edged paddy at the line...curious to what that would of paid

congrats to everyone, lady luck was finally on my side

Stang

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
Rochester, MN
Well done Dice34. i always bet on the 4 majors during they year. After about 4hrs of homework, I did hit had a $1 tri box 1,2,4,10 got half of your cash. It will be interesting in two weeks again. Funny part, my drunk wife on Girls weekend out, text me to bet the 2,4,9. just caused they liked the names. I put in a $1 ex box. Way to do dear, your 74.30 richer on a $6 dollar bet.:mj06:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg