Post Monday Night Plays Here

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

SteelCity

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2001
Owings Mills,MD
I figure this will be easier to track than 100 posts on the game. Here are my thoughts:
I am leaning towards GB. I think Favre is back and he also has the help of a good running back. Washington did not perform that bad statistically against SD but they did let up a ton of points. Favre and his rec's are better than Flutie and his.
The Washington offense hurts the defense even more. GB will stack the line and make George and receivers beat them. And I dont think that will happen.
As of now lean to GB.

AM2kidz

Forum Member
Oct 9, 2000
Brandon FL
I'm with ya Gibber... I have a really nice teaser going myself..

Denver - 1/2
Green Bay -2 600/460

Thinking about playing a hedge with Washington +9.5 if it goes to 10 I might think about it.... Any opinions?? thanks AM2kidz..
eek.gif

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
GB to the bank$$$

I look for a 27-14 game

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Schottenheimer's teams tend to bounce back after a bad loss. Marty is 4-1 lifetime vs GB.

As you point out, the Redskins didn't perform that poorly statistically vs SD but were hurt big time by 7 fumbles (3 by Davis, 3 at the snap) and 2 INTs.

If the Redskins can hold on to the ball tonight, they should stay in this game.

Take Washington +10.5 at SportsInteraction

IMO this line is inflated due to The Pack being such a popular team and their historical success at beating the spread (7-1-1 vs WA 2-7 in their last 9 regular season games).

Also, all other teams in the two cities attacked on 9/11 won their first game back: Mets, Yanks, Jets, Giants.

theGibber1

Forum Member
Aug 27, 2001
Dallas TX
Davis coughed up the rock b/c he has no offense of line to block for him. The packs deffense is strong up front. Total mismatch in the trenches tonight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Hooks

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2000
VEGAS
I look at this game a couple of ways.
In my post THE RUN,i saw 3 plays,Atl.,Jets,and now G.B. as teams who did run the ball week 1 vs.teams that couldn't stop the run.2-0 so far.

However, this is Monday Nite
wink.gif

The line is now heading to 10 pts.
G.B. beat the Lions--Wash. lost to S.D.
I know that teams who turn the ball over as the Skins did last game are usually a good play their next game.
I still think Marty will use this game to not only show us his team isn't as bad as they looked last game but also to get his team ready for his former team the Chiefs in their 1st. HOME game of the year.

Last,I feel the public will go by what they saw in the Denver-Az. game-Denver the better team laying the big # and covering.The difference tonight is this is the only game on t.v. and the whole country is watching.

I will be going against the public tonight-Playing the Skins + whatever I can get.

------------------
let element-x be with us

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
Cabo I like your style, 13 point win eh? Like I predicted 27-14 GB

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

casper

Forum Member
Jan 3, 2001
jersey
this game is a prime example of why i love monday night games. you have one team, gb, who smacked det last week 28-6, and wash who in turn got creamed 30-3. the casual sports fan will look at these two teams, look at last week scores, know that tonights game is in gb (who everyone knows is a tough place to play, even the casual sports-fan who gambles), and will thus bet on gb tonight laying the wood. the line is soaring reaching 10.5 at some spots.

let's look a little at gb's game last week. one thing jumped out at me: green had 2 td runs for 31 and 83, two runs that were just too easy if anyone remembers them from last week. any runner in the leage would have done the same, detroit's line was PATHETIC. det. was down 21 in a blink of an eye, a sure demorilizer. detroit was forced to abandon the run very early: passing attempts doubled running attemps. gb had seven sacks vs this detroit team. all of this added up to a 22 point victory....seven sacks, 3 det. turnover, 2 long runs for td's...is gb really that good or is det really that bad. DETROIT IS REALLY THAT BAD.

consider this as well...as horrible as it sounds, perhaps the tragedy in NYC and Wash. helped the redskins forget about the beating they took at the hands of sd. perhaps they, like everyone in the USA, realized how lucky they are to be free, living the USA, healthy and alive. they are football players playing a game for millions of dollars. 9 turnover vs sd!!! that is insane. i remember the fumbles from the snap, they looked pathetic. a punt return for a td by sd to start the game off, then some turnover, more scoring, sd is up big and proceeds to pound the ball with their young talent tomlinson. they ran the ball over 40 times last week. the game was over 6 mins into the 2nd quarter when they score was 17-0. wash. still has some threats on the offensive side...davis running the ball, westbrook and gardner catching the ball. if george is in the least bit effective wash. will keep this game close. this line is way too high, and it is going higher. i'm waiting till the very last second with my man, if i get 10.5 with my local i will crap my pants. i'm on wash. for 3 units. only time will tell. if george doesn't have his head on straight gb will cover, but i'm betting he goes. good luck whatever you play. (rediculous score prediction--gb 23 wash 20)

hoya

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2001
I agree with casper. I might pass on this game but if i do play i'll wait til the last minute and play Washington plus the points. The public had a nice easy winner last monday with another big favorite in Denver. Dont see that happening two weeks in a row. Plus you have the general rule to play against what happened in week one for week two. Green Bay won easily while the Redskins got creamed in week one.

BearDownAZ

Registered
Forum Member
Jan 24, 2001
Tucson, AZ, USA
Reasons why I will be on the Skins tonight:

I have a 4 team ML parlay with GB as the last team that needs to come through so that I win 4 units from a 1 unit bet.

Green Bay is overrated while the Skins are clearly underrated. . . they have only played one game so far people! I don't think Green Bay is as good as they looked against Detroit when Cleveland can even beat up on them while Washington may not be as bad because San Diego looks great right now.

Green Bay's strength on offense is (surprise, surprise) passing. . . this falls right into the hands of Washington who were among the league leaders of pass defense last year.

Make no mistake about it. . . the books got KILLED this weekend with so many favorites covering and the public winning. You have to like the chances of some of that money coming back to them on Monday night.

I still believe that Green Bay will win, but this line began at around 7 or 7.5 and is clearly inflated at 9.5 (or 10 which I hope it rises to). I believe Washington can keep this game close and those of us on the Skins will always have the hope of a backdoor cover as well.

[This message has been edited by BearDownAZ (edited 09-24-2001).]

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dr. freeze

BIG12 KING
Forum Member
Aug 25, 2001
Mansion
my bet is on the money line tonight......will wait for it to get as high as possible.

Think it is the best value.

I look for the Skins to rebound. Was not too impressed with the Pack's last week opponent......Detroit is toilet....diminishes the pack's win to some point.

Remember: There are a lot of decent players for the Skins. They do not want to go 0-2. Schottenheimer is as good a coach as there is. Team should be prepared for a rebound.

This is all a value pick, but hopefully I can get the Skins at +400 by gametime........

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Green Bay's stock has been lowered a bit after we saw the Brown's dismantle the Lions yesterday, while the Redskins stock rose slightly as San Diego put in another impressive performance with a road victory in Dallas.

It appears the WTC disaster idid not effect the NY teams yesterday, so I will assume the Washington Redskins will not be effected by the Pentagon disaster

I like Green Bay, but the number is too high for my comfort zone. I will pass on the side. Still looking at the total. Might even tease the total with WAS +17.5 points for a small (very small) amount. Risk here is that GB might, but not likely, cover that number. That's what I thought last night about ARI +16.5 as well.

Never Caught Up

Forum Member
Apr 17, 2001
Another thought . . .

If WAS stays within 16.5 points of GB I think the defense will have to be strong enough to keep the total under. A teaser on WAS +16.5/Under 47 might be a better way to go than WAS +9.5 (If I decide to go with WAS).

On the other hand if GB covers the 9.5 they could likely push the total over 33 (maybe even by themselves). If I play GB it will probably be a teaser at GB -2.5/OV 33.

Maybe both for a small shot. Only real risk is losing them both.

[This message has been edited by Never Caught Up (edited 09-24-2001).]

pepin46

Forum Member
Oct 6, 2000
miami, fl.
neverc/up took the words out of my mouth:

gb's stock got lowered with the lion debacle in clev. however, this gb trend is strong and carries over from last year. still, one point against gb.

wash on the other hand, has shown absolutely nothing and look devastated. we had a case in point yesterday, when buffalo came out of the woodworks, but still lost by 16 or so.

to be honest, i have nothing going tonight, except for a left over pick from the contest on gb, and that is not enough to make me take a side here. objectively, it is 10 points where i would draw the line.

gb can and must win this game decisevely, and 10 is the minimum acceptable in this situation. no way they will play it close waiting for a disaster to happen. i figure their comfort zone is 2 tds, where they might start thinking conservately, but ready to react to a challenge.

pep

tball

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2001
boston, ma
as far as trends go never realy staunch supporter of. like to approach each game individually and take into account of new rosters, conditions, circumstances etc. having said that, did find some trends-as far fetched as may be-here goes NOTE some as noted are MNF specific

GB vs wash (not mnf games) is 3-0 L3H
GB is 1-9-2 ATS as DD favs vs opp off SU loss
GB in SEPT 1-4 ATS as DD favs
GB in SEPT 1-4 ATS after scoring 28> pts
GB in SEPT 4-9 ATS as favs
GB is 1-6 ATS as HF's vs non division opp
WASH vs gb (not mnf) is 0-3 L3A
WASH in SEPT 1-12 ATS off SU away loss
SHOTTENHEIMER 26-12 ATS off DD SU loss

UNDER THE MONDAY NITE LIGHTS

GB as HF is 1-4 ATS

WASH as RD is 2-8
WASH is 2-13 ATS away

hey i think GB wins. easy to think that w/ 10pt favs huh? GB does'nt have great wr's and should be neutralized by WASH sec-running game of green & levens is diff story. NO faith in George-i can't put gtood money on erratic at best QB w/ still questionable rec corps. With all recent reports GB should take care of St Davis--only way wash COVERS is pumped thanx to Schottenheimer pep talk/will. Coaches don't make tackles though-i'm gonna take the points and (seperatley) tease down GB and the over hoping for middling. Just my thoughts-i was terrorized by backdoor non covers all wkd. So....GL to all w/whatever u decide. My elder wiseman sibling said and I quote never take a team underdog unless u think can win outright-w/that i should prob sit out-but hey need reason to cheer. Hope good game preiod-t

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg