PP vs Ace update

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
Things are getting a little more interesting as Team PP struggles a little with some really bad beats, but luckily Team Ace continues to falter.

PP 147-173-13 minus 1850

Ace 132-159-11 minus 4182

Good luck

P Squared

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
Are those units. Or are you playing every game on the board.

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
wake up!

wake up!

HEY DJV, HAVE YOU BEEN PAYING ATTENTION AT ALL???? THOSE AREN'T UNITS YOU GOOFBALL. THOSE ARE DOLLARS. I AM DOWN 18.5 UNITS AND ACE IS DOWN 41.8 UNITS. THIS CONTEST HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR A LONG TIME THAT'S WHY THERE ARE A LOT OF PICKS. YOU HAVE TO MAKE 500 PICKS, THAT'S WHY. PAY ATTENTION!!!!!!

Double P

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

acehistr8

Senior Pats Fan
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2002
Northern VA
Actually Pete to be fair as a minor point of reference, I am down closer to 10 - 13 units. You can easily see in our records every one of your plays has been 1 unit, while mine have averaged 3 - 4 units. Also it would be good to add to the updates after how many plays it is even though anyone could add up the record themselves.

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
illogical

illogical

Your minor point is wrong Ace. I'm getting sick of your voodoo math. If you bet 4 units and lose, then you lose 4.4 units, or in the case of best bettor, if you win on a 4 unit bet, then you win 3.6. So you can't just say that since you make 3 and 4 unit plays and you lose them, that you only lose 1 unit. That's the risk of playing 3 or 4 units. YOU LOSE 3 OR 4 UNITS. At bestbettor, we work off of $100 units, so you are down 41.8 units. PERIOD!!!!

PP

acehistr8

Senior Pats Fan
Forum Member
Jun 20, 2002
Northern VA
"At bestbettor, we work off of $100 units" - thats your opinion but I think you are confusing the term. I'm not betting 4 units, I am betting 400 which has been for the most part my "unit". A "unit" as I see it most often on the forums is simply whatever your base bet is, you are confusing the terms, whether or not 100 is the lowest on BB is irrelevant. You cant compare our two bets and say we are using similar unit structures when clearly we are not. If a 400 "point" bet on BB is my base bet, then that is my "unit" while 100 "points" is yours.

You know what, it doesnt matter and frankly I dont care. You disagree, so be it. You say unit, I say UNIT, who gives a crap. You have made 30 more plays than I have so far and are only 2300 ahead, so with my average wager of 400, I like my chances.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

ronnieseah

Forum Member
Sep 2, 2001
singapore
i think MJ should sponsor both of you for all games all season long, so that both of you no need to work, just cap your games and post it here, and we can chip in a little if MJ sponsor isnt enough for your daily expense and more.

so that the people will have FADES play for the whole season.

:moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon: :moon:

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
nope

nope

Hey Ronnie, WE'RE BOTH JUST IN A LITTLE SLUMP IS ALL. BASED ON PAST RESULTS TEAM PP EXPECTS TO BE BACK IN THE BLACK BY THE END OF THIS DUEL AND I'M SURE ACE EXPECTS HIS RESULTS TO IMPROVE ALSO. YOUR LOSER MENTALITY IS THE REASON YOU ALWAYS FINISHED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE STANDINGS IN MY PPPP CONTESTS!!! KEEP YOUR NOSE OUT OF THIS AND YOU MIGHT LEARN SOMETHING. CONDITIONS HAVE FINALLY IMPROVED TO THE POINT WHERE WE WILL SOON BEGIN BETTING 2 UNITS. WATCH US PUT THE HAMMER DOWN ON ACEHISTR8!!!!!!

P Squared

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
BET 400 and get paid 360 ??????

BET 400 and get paid 360 ??????

Hey does Derrick work at that book too ????????

:confused: :D

Just Kidding---But I'm Serious !!!!! :fingerc:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
bestbettor

bestbettor

I see that we have another wiseacre here. Hey pujo, on bestbettor, that's how it is recorded. If you win a 1 unit play you are credited 91 cents and if you lose, you lose 1 dollar. That's how it works at bestbettor Pujo, so check things out BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR TRAP!!!!!!

Double P

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
reminds me of a story that happened last summer between two friends of mine.

two of my buddies went golfing and they played 9 holes.

their wager consisted of one of them betting his set of irons against 150 in cash, which the other guy put up.

winner take all in 9 holes.
a set of irons vs. 150 in cash

they go out and hack the fu/ck outta the ball.

my buddy went home winning a new set of irons.....by shooting
a 58 on 9 holes.

the other guy shot a 61.

i told him he should be embarrassed winning a set of golf clubs as a result of shooting a 58.

bottom line......is there really a "winner" in all of this, or is it simply a war of attrition?

(just breakin balls petey and histr8.....although my above story is 100% true, lol. dont take yourselves too seriously, learn to laugh)

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
Charles Dickens in the hizzie

Charles Dickens in the hizzie

That's a good story Gman, but this isn't over and I think you'll see that by the end of it, it won't apply to this situation. Thank you.

PP

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gman2

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
petey:

glad you enjoyed the story, although im disappointed you couldnt have labeled me with the name of a more contempory author. surely there are more recent pensmen that you compare me to.

btw- in a nutshell, what the hell is the contest over anyways? whyd you start it?

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I new it was dollars. I just could not believe you were still picking so many games for a contest. Why not make it simple and get it over.

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
dough ray me

dough ray me

It started because Ace kept running his trap about what a great handicapper he is. I challenged him for $600 which we both sent to madjack to be paid to the winner at the super bowl party. That's the long and the short of it.

Double P

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
500 or bust

500 or bust

Djv, Ace wanted it to be for exactly 500 picks and that didn't bother me. Why do you care how many picks we have to make?

P Squared

djv

Forum Member
Nov 4, 2000
I dont give a rats ass. You posted results. I guess you were hoping for come backs. I new you started this but not for 500 picks. Looks like you both are sucking hot wind right now. But with 500 picks someone may get above 50%. Of course if its even 52% depending on how you bet you would lose your ass with so many plays. But hey what ever pulls your chain. Maybe you can spare us the next update if you dont wish replies.

Private Petey

Forum Member
Mar 4, 2002
stuff it

stuff it

Put a sock in it, DJV. I will be giving my usual monday update until this thing is finished. If you have something constructive to add, then do it!! If not, THEN PIPE DOWN!!!!

PP

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Pujo21

Registered
Forum Member
May 14, 2002
Petey ,

Petey ,

Thank you for clarifying the mathematics, i wasn't able to ascertain that on my own !

Good Luck in your match up here !

I'm curious though, if you are tied after 500 games, you know there is a mathematical potential for this, will you go into a sudden death? You see this part I don't understand ? ! I'll be checking these threads for future updates, the suspense is killing me.

Good Luck all !

:142smilie