President of Chick-fil-A Slams Gay Marriage

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Chick-fil-A president slams gay marriage

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Lookout ?

The president of Chick-fil-A, the fast food chain with more than 1,600 restaurants and $4 billion in revenue, has come out against same-sex marriage.

"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Dan Cathy, the company's president and chief operating officer, said in a recent radio interview. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

In an interview with the Baptist Press published this week, Cathy doubled down on his stance against same-sex unions.

"Guilty as charged," Cathy said. "We are very much supportive of the family?the biblical definition of the family unit. We are a family-owned business, a family-led business, and we are married to our first wives. We give God thanks for that."

"We know that it might not be popular with everyone," he added, "but thank the Lord, we live in a country where we can share our values and operate on biblical principles."

The company, founded by Dan's father, Truett Cathy, in 1946, has a history of "unapologetic social conservatism," as the Daily Caller put it. All 1,608 of its stores are closed on Sundays, a day of rest for most Christians.

According to Queerty.com, the WinShape Foundation?Chick-fil-A's charitable arm?donated more than $1.1 million between 2003 and 2008 to anti-LGBT groups, doubling that amount to $2 million in 2009.

Earlier this year, students at Northeastern University protested a proposal to put a Chick-fil-A on its Boston campus because of the company's history of supporting anti-gay organizations. The school abandoned its plan.

SixFive

bonswa
Forum Member
Mar 12, 2001
BG, KY, USA
Restaurants should stay out of politics just like organized religion should not endorse candidates from the pulpit. Go ahead and donate where you feel led to give, but don't make it newsworthy. Whether u are ok with it or not, conservative or liberal, etc., gay marriage in the end should really be a non-issue for most people. It's stupid as hell for Chick-Fil-A to be embroiled in some controversy over gay marriage/rights. Just stick to making that delicious chicken.

Personally, I see most gay couples as productive members of society that for the most part work. If they want to get married, who cares. I would guess the non-working, on the dole heterosexuals of this country are far more of a drain to our resources.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BuckwheatJWN

Forum Member
Aug 13, 2009
ELLEN DEGENERES SUPPORTS GAY MARRIAGE:scared

ISN'T THIS JUST AS NEWSWORTHY? FOR GOD'S SAKE (NO PUN INTENDED) THE GUY CLOSES HIS RESTAURANTS ON SUNDAY. :shrug:

IT WOULD BE A STORY ONLY IF HE SUPPORTED GAY UNIONS. :0008

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JT

Degenerate
Forum Member
Mar 28, 2000
Ventura, Ca.
Just got some chicken and waffle fries a few minutes ago. YUMMY! Anyway, 65 said it well.

canuckfan77

Forum Member
Mar 17, 2009
BC Interior
I couldn't disagree with you more SixFive. I applaud people who support what they believe in whether I agree with them or not. It's much better than the apathy that reigns in our culture.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
"I think we are inviting God's judgment on our nation when we shake our fist at him and say, 'We know better than you as to what constitutes a marriage,'" Dan Cathy, the company's president and chief operating officer, said in a recent radio interview. "I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Some people are out of their fucking mind.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
Im glad god ,gays, guns, and abortion are back in the news. I was starting to miss it. :facepalm:

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
Well you can be sure I will never purchase anything from that place.......ever.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

JT

Degenerate
Forum Member
Mar 28, 2000
Ventura, Ca.
If those who have extremist beliefs are very active I would prefer they partake in apathy instead. :nono:

The Sponge

Forum Member
Aug 24, 2006
I am assuming you don't have a password also to that certain forum we have. :shrug:

Well we got the gay stuff with the boy scouts and now the god stuff. I started missing :facepalm: this stuff which is geared to the gullible.

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
Well you can be sure I will never purchase anything from that place.......ever.

I am pretty sure he covered that and is okay with people not shopping them if they disagree. Buckwheat said it best, who in they hell didn't know this would be the stance of a business closed on Sunday:facepalm:

In other news, water is wet.

kickserv

Wrong Forum Mod
Forum Member
May 26, 2002
Canada
So if you are closed on Sunday you believe this bullshit.......

"I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Just because you are believe in Jesus and God, doesn't mean you are against two men/women marrying. And newsflash for ya UGA12, some businesses close on Sunday just because they don't want to work on Sunday.

Thanks UGA12 for clearing it all up for me:facepalm:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

UGA12

Forum Member
Jul 7, 2003
Between The Hedges
So if you are closed on Sunday you believe this bullshit.......

"I pray God's mercy on our generation that has such a prideful, arrogant attitude to think that we have the audacity to define what marriage is about."

Just because you are believe in Jesus and God, doesn't mean you are against two men/women marrying. And newsflash for ya UGA12, some businesses close on Sunday just because they don't want to work on Sunday.

Thanks UGA12 for clearing it all up for me:facepalm:

Would love to see a list of all the fastfood places closed on sunday:shrug: I only know of one and i guess I just assumed everyone knew why they did and knew about the owner and beliefs behind the company. Obviously I was wrong.
My whole post wasn't directed at you, was just pointing out that they are fine if you don't shop there and always have been.

Cheers