Problem with betfair

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
I have been a betfair customer for quite som time now, and I mus say I really appreciate their site.

They are rated A+ across the board and I didn?t have a reason to believe otherwise?that?s up to now.

I placed a bet on Angulo to win by ko @-120 on Friday, this bet was matched at 4:54 MEST Sunday, at a time when the bout had already started and Cintron was winning.

Usually all bets are cancelled at the time when the bout starts, but apparently their was some confusion about the starting time of the bout.

I made a screenshot of the latest odds on this market (before this market was suspended) and Cintron was -5000, so that?s another strong indication that the market was open in-play (even though this bout wasn?t supposed to go in play).

I contacted their customer service, but apparently this matter was too difficult for them. They just wrote me that they apologize that it took them so long to grade the bets and so on?

Their general rules read:
PART B - GENERAL RULES

1. MANAGING MARKETS IN-PLAY

1.1 General

o For everything other than horseracing and greyhound racing, if a market is not scheduled to be turned in-play but Betfair fails to suspend the market at the relevant time, then:
? if the event has a scheduled ?off? time, all bets matched after that scheduled off time will be void;
? if the event does not have a scheduled ?off? time, Betfair will use its reasonable endeavours to ascertain the time of the actual ?off? and all bets after the time of the ?off? determined by Betfair will be void.

So, it is within their rules to grade the bet like they did.
And frankly, I don?t know if I can get my money back (about 250?).

But, in my opinion, this is highly unprofessional, and paves the way for crooks.
(Imagine you bet on an event that has already started at a regular bookie, you get warned once (the wager gets void) and if you do it again, your account gets closed.)
Obviously they(betfair) don?t lose the money, but they should protect the players!

I know that most of you don?t have an account at betfair, but I would really appreciate any feedback and help!

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
Sorry to hear about your problem Zerwas.
There are arbitrage sites on the net where you can report a problem like yours and they will check it out with the book.
I guess you know what site I'm talking about, but if you don't, drop me an email on *****
please do not post email addresses on the forum, request addresses from Jack :admin
I will remove my address soon.

MadJack

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Admin
Super Moderators
Channel Owner
Jul 13, 1999
home
I would help but I do not have contacts there.

sorry.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
ok thanks!

@olddirtyfighter
I guess I have got to think that whole matter through. After all, I dont want them (betfair) to ban me...

Its in their rules, I think these rules s***, but ok, maybe I check with the arbitrage site and ask them if its worth to pursue the case further....

Thanks again! :toast:

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
I didn't mean you should ask for arbitrage right away.
You just describe your problem like you did above and some of their admins will give you their opinion based on their experience. After that you will know what to do. I guess you're not the first one with this problem.

Zerwas

Forum Member
Jul 19, 2007
ok, I think thats the way I will do it.

Did you get my email!?

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

olddirtyfighter

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2008
No I didn't.
I sent an email to admin asking him to give you mine address.
If that doesn't work, Ghost and Romi have my address so they can connect us if they have yours also.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg