TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
record:17-14-2, +.95 Units

1 Play so far that I like today

Tor ML +110- 2 Units

Are you kidding me??? Tor an underdog versus a team who has no goalie?? Tor has one of the top goalies in the league and today he will show up after a stellar outing against edmonton. One stat that Tor Vig and I knew about that many didn't know on here and I guess its due to the fact that we live in Toronto is that the leafs over the years have had much success against the Oilers. The Leafs seem to be clicking on all cylinders lately and the team moral is high right now. Their 1st and 2nd line players are starting to gel and I see a 2 goal victory tonight. Leafs will pull this one out. One thing to look for is Toronto to come out hitting against Vancouver as coach Pat Quinn just stated on the local radio here. I think whenever the Leafs out hit a team they seem to do pretty well. Their forecheckers will get the Canucks defense in trouble as well. Vancouver special teams are also not up to par as of late.
THE LEAFS WIN

GL
smile.gif

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

Kronheim

Forum Member
Sep 26, 2001
Canadaland
One other thing that points to the Leafs: I can't remember the exact numbers, but Toronto is something like 18-2-2 SU on the road vs. the western Canadian teams over the past few seasons. Sorry to be so inaccurate, but the point is the Leafs have historically done very well on their western road trips.

[This message has been edited by Kronheim (edited 10-18-2001).]

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Completely agree with you on the VAN goalie situation. Whoever they start should be in for a long night. What has me perplexed is how the Canucks beat COL and DAL last week with combined score of 8-1. VAN also w/o Bertuzzi. I am probably adding this one tonight too.

Must be nice to have hockey discussed on the radio. I live in the DC area. In any given weekday we have in excess of 1.5 hours devoted entirely to the Redskins (I am a fan, but how much can you say about how bad they suck). Not including game broadcasts, there is probably less than 1 hour TOTAL per week related to hockey or the Caps. It really is ridiculous. The Friday before the Saturday opener they spent a entire 10 minute segment on the Caps. I was stunned!

[This message has been edited by Sports Junkie (edited 10-18-2001).]

Way out West

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2000
Vancouver,BC,Canada
I don't what games you have been watching but Cloutier has looked great his last few outings. Make keys saves when necessary (that was his problem last year). I was little weary of our goaltending situation at the start of the year, but so far this year I can't say anything but good things about him. I don't have an opinion on the game because generally they are high scoring affairs with Toronto and with Bertuzzi out we give some size that helped to open up some space for Naslund and Cassels, etc. Plus, I don't usually bet on Vancouver games (hometeam bias).

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
As I like to do, I am going to add my plays under your threat today, Time to Make $$.

TOR ML (+105) 1 Unit to win 1.05
As I mention on this one.

PIT +1.5 (-150) 1.5 to win 1 unit.
I think if they can get a goal or two on Hurme, PIT can keep this close and it could be a high scoring game. Just hope it is not OTT doing all the scoring. OT winner perhaps?

NJ -.5 (-110) .55 to win .5 Units.
Taking small play on this one using the old time tested and proven "they are due" 'capping approach.
wink.gif
LOL Basically a stab that NJ finally breaks through for a win tonight at home. Small play since the "they are due" system still has some kinks to work out.
biggrin.gif

Good luck tonight everyone.

TIME TO MAKE $$$

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 24, 2001
TORONTO, CANADA
Sports Junkie congrats on a great day!!!

Toronto barely pulled this one out, but I will take a win anyway it comes
biggrin.gif

record:18-14-2-,+2.95 Units

------------------
SEPT 11, 2001. THE DAY THAT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.

R.I.P. TO ALL VICTIMS
We are in this together

Sports Junkie

Forum Member
Sep 24, 2001
VA
Congrats to you as well. Glad I did not stay up to watch that game. Saw your note elsewhere and left you a quick reply. Headed to Caps v. Habs at MCI Center tonight.
biggrin.gif

Bet on MyBookie