Qatar Masters

Cantona7

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2002
Manchester
www.golfgreenfees.com
Green at 35s - top 5 in 2 of last 3 years, seems to play best golf in ME and good final round last week
Finch at 50s - am astounded by this price. 4th here on only start, 4-1-10 form figures.

Small bets on:
Ricardo Gonzalez at 80s
Oliver Fisher at 125s

Cant make my mind up on Karlsson - form figures look good but he never really looked like winning after R1 last week. :shrug:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 1 plays (1pt)

Henrik Stenson to beat Lee Westwood -120 @ Five Dimes
Course history decides this play ... Stenson's last 3 visits have yielded finishes of 2nd, 1st and 7th; Westwood's 21st, mc and 34th. Westwood has shot a lower round than Stenson just once in the last two years at Doha

Steve Webster to beat Bradley Dredge +100 @ Five Dimes
Similar story here: Webster has finished ahead of Dredge in each of the last three years here, with Dredge shooting the lower round in just two of twelve in that period. Add in the fact that Webster has finished ahead of Dredge in each of their last seven common events and clearly the wrong player is favourite

lostinamerica

Forum Member
Oct 10, 2001
Between Green Bay and Iowa City
Outrights:

Lee Westwood(12/1) e.w.
Steve Webster(66/1) e.w.
Paul McGinley(55/1) e.w.
Rory McIlroy(45/1) e.w.
Nick Dougherty(33/1) e.w.

Matchups:

Webster(+105) over Dredge (Tournament)

- - I make Westwood the man to beat with his game firing on all cylinders . . . If reports favoring the bombers this week pan out to be true, I like Webster this week over the bigger priced alternatives . . . I was torn between McGinley and McIlroy, and opted for both . . . Nothing has yet changed with Dougherty in terms of consolidating his significant stature - as capable of charging to the lead as he is of dropping precious strokes, without sufficient rhyme or reason for the distinction . . . Richard Finch is the odd man out, but there are signs of a quick ascension to match the likes of Stephen Dodd in 2005 . . . I think all the boys in my lineup rate well above average as wind players.

- - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/golf.html?in_article_id=509602&in_page_id=1955
- - "(H)is short game has been transformed from that of a competent professional to one worthy of a man who is now rated No 20 in the world. ?People come and watch me now when I am practising my chipping,? Westwood joked the other day, remembering how, until recently, people were inclined to avert their eyes when he had to play a delicate shot around a green . . . The improvement in Westwood?s short game is thanks to Mark Roe, who for years was a colleague on the European Tour."

GL

abc

on probation
Dec 30, 2006
Great leaderboard after day 1..

Oh yea Verplunk thanks for coming :mj07:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 2 plays (1pt)

David Howell to beat Pelle Edberg +103 @ Five Dimes
Opposing Edberg who is 21st and was 16th-26th after rd1 four times last year and shot 78-73-72-77. It remains to be seen if Howell's can maintain his top-10 position, but there should be value in these odds

Peter Hanson to beat Rory McIlroy +112 @ Unibet
A value play here as well. I'd expect Hanson to rebound in rd2 as he does so often after a poor 1st round and as can be seen from his 6-1 2nd round head-to-head record against McIlroy

abc

on probation
Dec 30, 2006
Cant believe we all missed this.

"American Ryder Cup Player Scott Verplank was also forced to withdraw from the Wednesday Pro-Am suffering from a stomach complaint".

Thats the type of info that led me to second place in the matchups last year.

Verplank shot 78 in rd 1... :nono:

phar.lap

Forum Member
Aug 15, 2006
Australia
Cant believe we all missed this.

"American Ryder Cup Player Scott Verplank was also forced to withdraw from the Wednesday Pro-Am suffering from a stomach complaint".

Thats the type of info that led me to second place in the matchups last year.

Verplank shot 78 in rd 1... :nono:

We didnt all miss it...Cantona mentioned it earlier in this thread. Just a shame for him that Green didnt shoot a half decent round to put it beyond doubt.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 3 plays (1pt)

Johan Edfors to beat Ross McGowan -120 @ Five Dimes
Would have expected better odds in this matchup after Edfors' second round, but his credentials when leading from the front are good: twice he has held the lead after 36 holes and twice he has shot under 70 to keep the lead after 54 holes

Thongchai Jaidee to beat Charl Schwartzel -115 @ Five Dimes
By contrast Schwartzel's record when in the last group on Saturday is not good. He has been 2nd/3rd after 36 holes seven times in the last five seasons, never breaking 70 in the 3rd round with an average Satruday score of 73.29

Barry Lane to beat Jose-Filipe Lima -110 @ Five Dimes
Lima is a player to oppose on Saturdays. In the last 12 months, he has broken 70 just once in twelve 3rd rounds; Lane averages almost 1.5 shots lower over the same period

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Round 4 plays (1pt):

Oliver Fisher to beat Graeme McDowell +138 @ VCbet
Looks to be value in these odds for a player who ranks 5th in greens in regulation so far this week, compared to McDowell who is 46th

Raphael Jacquelin to beat Gonzalo Fernandez-Castano -110 @ Five Dimes
Pretty easy to back a player who has a 11-2 head-to-head record in the 4th round against his opponent over the last 12 months

Bet on MyBookie