Question for all cappers

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
I've decided to dive deeper into handicapping games and treating trends more seriously. One aspect I have a personal hang up about is the new Astro-play fields. Those are the fields where it's an artificial turf that is supposed to mirror grass more than it does carpet. Problem is, I have never personally seen or touched the stuff.

So my question is this. When capping a game and seeing that a game is being played on astro-play, do you treat it like astro-turf or not? Some teams are horible on turf and others great on grass.

So if you're looking at a team that plays well on grass but not on turf, how would you treat that team playing on the road on astro-play?

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
treat it like turf...its still harder then grass and there isnt as much give as there is grass....you can consistelntly plant on it with success which is key for WRS and DBs. Astro play is really the turf carpet with sand and little itty bitty bits of tires on the ground. Its kinda like NeXturf...I think NeXturf has more give....but they dont seem to think so. But yea...treat it like turf.

hawkeye

Forum Member
Jun 29, 2000
denver, co-usa
most of this new truf has grass mixed with it and the roots wrap around the fake roots of the fake grass--softer--i think it would be interesting to start new reserach and keep track of games played on it--the broncos have this turf and i noticed its takes a half for visitng teams to figure it out as they slip on it early on in the game

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg