Question for Baseball Card Collectors

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Stang

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
Rochester, MN
I don't know if anybody can help.

I own many cards (according to wife, way too many) from 1985 to 1992.

One of my Mark Mcgwire rookie cards (olympic team topps) is in mint condition and I would like to get it graded. Compared to other cards I own it seems perfectly centered and no rough edges or corners.

I don't know if I should trust a local company to send it in, or should I look for other advice from my fellow forum pals.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin

kneifl

Forum Member
Jan 12, 2001
Virginia
www.tradewithjon.com
Take it to a local card store (maybe a few), they would be able to tell you what the card would be graded.

If you get the same response from many as being 9 or 9.5 this is what most call perfect. A lot of them will not grade it as high as 10, because 10 is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT (NO FLAWS). Also, do not expect to get grade 10 if you send it in.

Hope this helps,

kneifl

Stang

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2001
Rochester, MN
Thanks Kneifl,

My gut tells me its around a 8.5 maybe a 9.0 if lucky.

I was more wondering if there were just any other alternatives.

Thanks

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

wufdude

Forum Member
Dec 4, 2000
Fuquay Varina, NC
I use PSA alot for grading and I feel that they are best by far. I actually sent 2 of those McGwire cards in and got 7s for both. 10s in that card are very tough and 9s aren't very easy either. I sold one of the 7s for $25 though. You could join PSA for $99/year and you get I believe 6 free submissions.

ajoytoy

carpe vitam
Forum Member
Mar 30, 2003
(919)
getting a "pristine" rating is very, very hard...especially on a card like that!

regardless, I think sending it in to PSA or one of the other grading services is the best way to go...willbe trusted more nationally than a local card shop IMO!

gl:)

Kdogg21

who?
Forum Member
Dec 8, 2001
Chicago,IL
Definately get a PSA grading or take it to a local and they can take care of it for you. I have the same card and got a 8.5 for it. worth about $25-$30. My goal is to get his signature for it and wait for the Hall of Fame and than see it sky rocket....

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg