question re: western union reporting

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
i generally in the past have dealt with locals so i am not so familiar with W.U.

if i am sent several $2500 transactions, does W.U. report these? record them? etc? thanks.

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
also, would a cash checking place let you cash a check drawn from a foreign bank? in the past, friends of mine havev told me they could not even cash an out of state check at a cash checking place!!!

TheCooler

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 15, 2004
no way will a check cashing store let you cash a foreign check. either get cash from western union i use 7-11 they have automated v-com machines you SEE no one. you pick up the phone give them your info and get your $$$ from this machine. i also do all outgoing this way. or sign up neteller they give you an atm card and costs are way less than western union fees.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
will a check between 5k and 9999 be reported by my bank if i deposit it?

kosar

Centrist
Forum Member
Nov 27, 1999
ft myers, fl
Checks of any amount aren't reported because there is a paper trail if anybody is ever interested. Only cash transactions are reported.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

fletcher

Registered
Forum Member
Jun 21, 2000
henderson,nv.
1st question wu does not flag you for anything under 1000 if deposit is over 1000 you have to show id, and then they still won't flag you for awhile but if they do you will have trouble, and they have you info on id.

the way to use a check cashing store is simple you cash a few bigger checks of your own there it sucks to pay the fee, the make a card on you they don't report shit, the card is for if you ever rip them off, they check to make sure you have 3 times some 2 times they amount of check to wards funds in bank account, then after they know you and you get the ok sign they will cash a offshore or out of state check as long as you have the funds in your bank to cover it if it is no good. best to use big chain store 2 of the biggest ones in Midwest and down south it is called the check cashing store big blue letters out of Chicago, the 2nd and the one you can use is out of la called the money tree have them all over the west, they cash the checks because I have had many cashed their, and the checks from the book should be a official bank check anyway, but have cashed checks at both places here and in fl from off shore books. also th way the cooler said is the best with wu and neteller is the best way , you just grab the cash with them and lot cheaper on charges.

If you ever get flaged by wu they will hold your cash up and have to fight with them to get it back, that is why you send 900 or less if in a face to face sending and just go to a few different stores pain in the ass but this is because the US feds have caused this problem.

IDENTITY

Forum Member
Jan 10, 2004
fletcher - i appreciate the explanation. so it sounds like the best thing to do is just to deposit the check into my bank account. since it's not a cash transaction, it should not appear to be suspicious. thanks.

Bet on MyBookie