Question to everyone.........

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Godzilla 1

BMX PRO
Forum Member
Nov 17, 2005
Massachusetts
Since the name of the game is to win $$$ and reduce the chance of losing. Why don't more cappers play teaser bets?

Like 3 team +7 Points Teaser or 2 team to 9 team +5 Points Teaser

Wouldn't picking the Teams that you feel are going to win and then add in the +7 would help seal the deal and reduce the chance for losing?

I have been on this board for a month now and have been following some wonderful cappers. I have won $$$ and lost $$$ over that time.

I have in the past two weeks have switched to this type of bet and it has been correct 90% of the time.

Grant it is lower money but money is money ....... on the positive side. $100 = $80.00 = $180.00

So based upon peoples picks and some of mine here is what they would look like.

3 team teasers +7 Points

LaSalle +6 - +7 = +13

Indiana +4.5 - +7 = +11.5

Rutgers +7 - +7 = +14

Cleveland St. +13.5 - +7 = +20.5

Purdue +18 - +7 = +25

I haven't picked yet but I am sure I'll win tonight. :)

nchiappetta

Forum Member
Jan 22, 2005
Teasers sound appealing and I hope you continue to win, but for me, I don't think they add much value based on what they pay.

For one, my site I just started using only has 5 pt teasers. My old site had 10 pt Monster teasers where you had to pick 4 teams...also had Sweetheart teasers where you get 8 and had to pick 3 teams. Those are really the only 2 I consider.

Not all of the time, but a lot of the time, a CBB game ATS result will be decided by more than 4-5 points, so I don't see these helping too much. About 60-70% of the games on average have an ATS margin of victory of 7+. So the only area these smaller point teasers would help would be in the other category of 30-40%.

Good luck with them though...I prefer multi-team parlays myself, where you don't have to risk as much to win more, so it helps out with money management.

Mr. Poon

Sugar?
Forum Member
Jan 14, 2006
Colorado
I agree with nchiappetta. I would much rather take the teams I think look good and play them each straight. Having one team blow it won't cost me as much then. Similar to parlays, there's less allure of hitting a multiple team play, but I believe in the end, it's best. Just my opinion though.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
I've seen so many teasers that "cant possibly lose", and what happens is I hit 2 of the 3 games really easy. Then the 3rd one comes back to bite me in the ass. But, I've hit a lot of them too.

Playing one tonight.

SCarolina +19
Syracuse +19
NDam +1/2

ysg3

Forum Member
Jan 18, 2005
cant win in the long run or short run by betting teasers.. major sucker bet probably as bad as parlays or darn close

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mackman

Forum Member
Oct 24, 2002
N.E.PA
Friend...Parlays and teasers are in the long run a bookies dream.......all books love them and the odds weren't set for you to win. It's nice to have those extra points and all but beware.....hope all works out for you but don't be suprised if they nip you in the ass!!!!

TouchdownJesus

Forum Member
Jun 13, 2004
North Carolina
For the most part, the only teasers I play are 3-team (7 pts in basketball and 10 pts in football). I rarely play bb ones at all, but I do like the football ones. I used to play them more, but now I just play them if something looks really good, or if I just want action but can't find anything.

This one I have tonight, though, simply cannot lose. LOL.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg