Racquetball Versus President

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Mickstr68

Forum Member
Feb 1, 2000
Deltona, Florida, USA
I have been hired for a sales job and am going for some training in Fort Lauderdale. The company is opening a new office in Orlando where I will be working. I am being put up in the company presidents condo. The prez. was supposed to be out of town, but now his plans have changed and he will be there also for 2 of the days. I'm now doing the dinner, drinks and social aspect with him after working hours and have been asked if I can play racquetball with him one night.

I said yes- which now leads me to the following question-

Do I let him win in a close game? Do I let him destroy me? Or do I just play my normal game and beat his ass?

I have some good skills in the game and can most likely wipe the floor with him. I obviously don't want to embarass him but don't want to look like a sucker either.

The prez. is in his mid thirties and I'm probably 5 years older than him. From what I hear he is a pretty cool guy and everyone loves working for the company.

Seriously now- what would be the smart thing to do?

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
if he's the president of your company then he is probably a secure guy so i think you should play your normal game & let the chips fall where they may....

good luck.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Big Daddy

Forum Member
Apr 30, 2000
Wisconsin
Play your best. If he ever plays any doubles matches down the road, he may ask you to be his partner.

jr11

08-18-05
Forum Member
Jul 19, 2002
HELL
If it were me and I may be the minority, but.....

I would whip his ass if I could thinking that is one of the reasons why they hired me...competitve nature. I don't sugarcoat anything. Win at all cost, make a sale at all cost. And yes I have been in sales now for 11 years, from chemical to pharmaceutical and now medical sales.

Good luck.

jr11

tpaine07

<3gambling<3
Forum Member
Apr 13, 2005
IL
go for the kill. laying off will do nothing but make you look like a sally and feel bad about yourself. If your prez can't take a good whoppin than hes a fag.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

2muchchalk

Late Night
Forum Member
Aug 3, 2002
nj
If it were me and I may be the minority, but.....

I would whip his ass if I could thinking that is one of the reasons why they hired me...competitve nature. I don't sugarcoat anything. Win at all cost, make a sale at all cost.
Good luck.

jr11

isn' that what life is all about? :shrug:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Dead Money

Forum Member
Sep 15, 2005
Upstairs watching sports on the big TV.
One good kidney shot...if he is belligerent...

One good kidney shot...if he is belligerent...

I still play, but in the seniors...50+

When I was younger I played and was out-classed by an "A" player...he let me know it to.
He liked to really clog the middle...as I was getting drubbed anyhow; I got one good kidney shot in.

Very satisfying result...

Seriously,

Just wing it...