Raiders vs Cowboys

smurphy

cartographer
Channel Member
Jul 31, 2004
L.A.
It's still early in the week, but this line is really jumping out at me. How can the Raiders only be favored by 1?

Cowboys still searching for fundamentals in their offense. Wins are probably the last thing on Parcells' mind right now.

Raiders have a splendid pre-season QB rotation - able to really take advantage of backup defenses. Not to mention what looks like a pretty deep crop of RB's as well. Norv Turner's home debut - He'll probably want the W a little more than usual.

What are the reasons to take Dallas?

Irish

Green&Orange
Forum Member
Jan 8, 2004
OH
Thoughts that the tuna will right the ship may drive that line. Also Oakland only won by a field goal to a terrible SF team. I like Oaktown in that one!

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Really like the over here smurphy.

As you say, oakland have probably the best pre-season QB rotation going around...they will score points....But their defense (esp. 2nd and 3rd stringers late) was absolutely horrible.
Can' really see another sloppy game like that from Dallas....And, in Pre-week 1 last year they scored 0 v. Ariz only to bounce back and lay 34 on Houston in wk. 2.

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
215 yds of penalties vs sf. how does this figure into it ? curious. big fan , but never bet the pre season. are the cowboys capable of scoring 20 in this game ?

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
Obviously a lot of those penalties were pass interference, ELVIS...an indication of a bad pass D? (esp. deep)...Also I guess a product of the 'new' 5 yard ruling?

Dallas moved the ball ok last week (260 yards @ 4.5), but turned it over 4 times...should have as much (if not more) success this week, esp. thru the air.

Just my thoughts anyway....just watch 'em slog out a 6-3 game now!! :D

mw

Forum Member
Sep 29, 2000
dallas
yes, I think the over might be a decent play - it looked like Parcells was holding the offense back last week, may have sandbagged it to get his team's attention. And with J. Jones likely to play some with the first team, the offense may have a very different look. Jones was awesome last week. And Tuiasosopo is a preseason juggernaut.

GM

PleasureGlutton
Forum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Toronto, ON, Canada
The penalties were definitely due to the officials going crazy overcalling the new rule (or I guess I should say "enforcing to the letter the existing rule"). There was no consistency this past weekend as to how much it was called. In that game in particular it was called repeatedly. Yet I watched other games and it hardly came into play at all.

So I guess it would be nice to know which crew will be working the game, because it doesn't seem to me they're all on the same page.

ELVIS

Forum Member
Sep 25, 2002
memphis
obviously the nfl has created a new rule with wich to f' my Raiders !!!!! (or decided to enforce a little later). hmh :bsflag

Bet on MyBookie