Random Thoughts/Observations 1/4 of the way through

bleedingpurple

Forum Member
Mar 23, 2008
Where it is real F ing COLD
I can't recall having this many teams already 12 - 15 games below .500 this quick along with having others in the opposite direction, but here are just a few thoughts..

Let's start with the Cincinnati Reds, man I missed the boat with these guys the past few days. They have a dismal record but I expect this team to be a lot better, I have thought this for a while but it's hard to back their starting pitching. The Reds have what can be a very explosive lineup, Winker and Schebler are going to be solid players and then you have Votto, Gennett, Suarez, Duvall with a lot of pop and Hamilton batting 8th isn't going to hit .200 forever plus don't look now they have a decent bullpen.. I won't be playing them today but

*** Playing the Reds against lighter hitting teams when opponent does not have their ace, (For the most part) Never play the Reds if Finnnergan get's called up to start again, if Harvey turns it around then the he is going to win a lot if games for them.. SO if he is available in fantasy leagues he is worth a waiver claim.

The DODGERS, most people are expecting them to get hot like they did last year or in season's past but not this year's Dodgers, they may jhave to be on auto fade fairly soon because they can't hit and their bullpen is Shaky although it appears as if Janssen has turned it around to close. Every year there is a team that just doesn't live up to potential and with all the Dodger's injuries wagering on them should be avoided and they are WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYY OVER PRICED.

Now lets talk about the NY Mets, they were 10-1 to start the season and have been 9 - 16 since, another team who can't hit a lick, team's who can't hit can't be trusted even when their aces have done well. Look at Matz, has given up 1 run each in last 2 games, got a no decision and Mets ended up losing those games. Find games to fade don't trust the Mets unless they are against a really dismal pitcher

Miami and Chicago Whitesox - I seen some people backing Shields Vs Lester yesterday at plus 220 and I still can't understand why? NEVER NEVER NEVER bet these 2 teams, just don't do it, reminds me a lot of the Cleveland Brown love around here... these are 2 bad baseball teams unlike the Reds have very very little, avoid at all costs, only play against

Bet on MyBookie