Rangers - Cubs thoughts here...

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

JediCapper

Forum Member
May 22, 2002
Southern Ohio
I kinda like Cubs here -1.5...for some reason...I always like the cubbies during a day game...looks like the cubs are starting to play good as of late...they are only 3 games behind 3rd place...and Texas despite the power hitting...they cant pitch...

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
from dal news--

"All eyes are on Dave Burba.

With the Rangers' hierarchy in evaluation mode, Burba will take the mound against Chicago on Wednesday trying to break a monthlong slump that has put his job in jeopardy. The Rangers troika of owner Tom Hicks, general manager John Hart and pitching guru Orel Hershiser will be on hand to watch the start.

The Rangers are committed to two more starts for Burba (3-4), but they won't go beyond that. The start after Wednesday will come during a doubleheader against Anaheim on Monday. Joaquin Benoit is likely to start the other game and could seamlessly move into Burba's spot in the rotation.

"We're looking for the same thing from all of our starters," said Hart, who usually does not travel with the club. "We are looking for six innings and a quality start. We'll be watching the next couple of starts, and we've been watching the Triple-A rotation, as well."

Burba is 0-4 with a 6.03 ERA since beating Detroit on May 11. Should the Rangers decide to go for younger pitchers, a struggling Burba might be the first pitcher jettisoned. He currently has little trade value, and eating the remainder of his contract would only cost the Rangers about $1 million.

Burba said he isn't worried about the potential consequences of his outing. He has spent more time trying to figure out what happened to his split-finger fastball. It helped him ring up 34 strikeouts in his first 332/3 innings, but he has just 19 strikeouts in his last 43 2/3 .

"I'm not a 10-12 strikeout-per-game guy," Burba said. "But I should get five, six, maybe seven. And I haven't been able to do it. Instead of biting like it usually does, it seems like it's just kind of sinking. There's a big difference. Right now, it's very inconsistent."

Mizzou

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
Cubs' total dropping

Cubs' total dropping

At scoresandodds, the total was 11u and it just dropped to 10ov.

It looks like some of the boys like the under.

take care,
JB:cool:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Mizzou

Forum Member
Dec 18, 2001
Line moves favoring Cubbies

Line moves favoring Cubbies

At WWTS, the line has moved from Cubbies -165 to -170.

They're liking the Cubs also.

:D

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Magic_01

Forum Member
Mar 21, 2002
Nebraska
Even with the wind blowing out, there are 2 great pitchers going today. I see a low total. Game should stay unders.

chump

Forum Member
Oct 12, 2000
anyone know whats up with Farnsworth??

is he ok to pitch today??

thx

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Spock

Vulcan Visitor
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2001
Canada
I would be careful here . Both teams are very streak. Also gsp has the Over 11 for the game as a WLA play.

Knowing gsp and how good he is with totals I would think pass is the best play.

But do what you think will happen and good luck. Just wanted to add my thoughts.

Cheers !!!
Spock

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DCJ311

Forum Member
May 27, 2002
Yeah, it is very early and that means there is still time for Dave Burba to throw MEATBALLS over the outside part of the plate. What a moron, 2 outs, no one on base, pitch around him!!

JediCapper

Forum Member
May 22, 2002
Southern Ohio
you guys were right on the early part...up 3-1...i hope thats the final score lol....as for the wind...doesnt look like the wind is a problem...there have been a few long balls...Sosas of course went out of hte park....but the wind doesnt seem to factor..

Spock

Vulcan Visitor
Forum Member
Nov 1, 2001
Canada
There goes the Under.

.. Lots of hits in this game and inspite of plenty of people left stranded in scoring positions .. the over is reached ..

hard luck to the under people .. just a note to people who play totals .. gsp is usually dead on with his totals .. at a good %age.

Cheers !!!
Spock