RC and TJbell

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
Hey guys, ive started working on all kinds of numbers for 2nd halves and gonna spend the next few weeks just on some system possibilties on 2nd halves. You guys seem to be big into 2nd halves, im not normally a system guy but there seems to be some seroius strong 2nd half trends out there based on whatever happens in the first half. Have either of you ever used a system for either sides or totals and if so how did it work and where would i get more info on it to compare notes....thanks guys

TJBELL

Forum Member
Jul 22, 2001
Port Richey, Florida
DNUGGETS..

DNUGGETS..

i look at 1st half field goal shooting %, total line (over/under) and a few other things. i try to watch as many as i can. i wish i kept track of things like:
a) take the UNDER on Washington 2nd half
b) go AGAINST Miami 2nd half
c) taking New York @home for the 2nd half etc, etc

would be interested if you find anything. someone from another site (your other place) seems to have a pretty good handle on the TOTALS for the 2nd half. i love betting the second half, so please keep me posted. THANKS!! TOM ;)

remember Sick G in the 2nd halfs??

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stewy

Forum Member
Jan 8, 2002
Kansas City, Missouri
I have a couple second half systems I have been working on!

I have a couple second half systems I have been working on!

Blowouts at halftime when they are on pace to go way over seem to hit the second half under. My theory on this would be, if a team gets back in the game they have to do it more on the defensive side and if it's still a blowout in the 4th quarter the game hits a standstill. There are teams I don't like in this system, mainly the Kings. On the reverse side of that theory, I like to bet the over at half when I can shave atleast 10 points off the total for the game. Teams I eliminate from this theory would be Miami, Washington, Detroit, and so on. I don't have any evidence to support these but they seem to be working well lately. Also , it has to be a close game that looks to be going down to the wire with two teams that play somewhat of an up tempo style.

Last edited:

JEFF

Forum Member
Dec 30, 2001
Also, low scoring games, especially low-scoring blowouts (yes there is such a thing), i.e. last nights Portland Memphis game where it was like 57-23 at half, tend to go over in 2nd. Less defense being played and guys tryingto pad their stats. Those two scored like 120 in the 2H last night.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
Sorry dnuggets...

Sorry dnuggets...

I just now saw this... :(

ANYWAY, I don't know about any systems on 2H plays, would be interested to see what you come up with though!! :p

I like TJ, do NOT look at trends too much, except for a few teams already mentioned, and for some reason, the JAZZ playing good and going over this year. MIA tends to die.... SPURS don't hold big leads, etc...

I don't keep stats, every day is a new day because you're basing your plays off the FH play in my opinion.... some teams do have tendencies however, like LAKERS NORMALLY shut down an opponent in 2H, but NOT LATELY!!!!! :eek: PHIL has been looking a lot like this lately... :shrug: and doing this on his way back to the bench after another bad call :moon:

Would be interested in anything you dig up... keep up the good work!! :D

dnuggets

Forum Member
Dec 6, 2001
Las Vegas
What i am working on is mostly based off totals and home teams coming back....im trying to get it to the point to where it will hit no less than 65% so theres no guessing on what games to lay off and what games to play....simply if the numbers say play you play if the numbers say pass you pass. So far the one ive been working on is 13-4 in the week ive been tracking it...ill go more into detail when i have it nailed down. The reason for this is the stress of picking games has gotten to me and at least this will be a nice little break while i can still watch the games...if it works i will be back to clue you guys in...

thanks again