Red Sox at Rangers preview and pick!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Champion Plays

Forum Member
Jul 8, 2002
Las Vegas
The Texas Rangers play the first of a six-game homestand tonight when they host Pedro Martinez and the Boston Red Sox.

Boston had won seven straight before losing 11-6 to Toronto Monday. They now own a 13-6 record to be second in the AL East, while Texas are 8-11 overall to be fourth placed in the AL West.

It is the total that we believe offers value tonight.....
These teams are a combined 23-13 Over this season.
The Red Sox have scored at least six runs in nine of their last ten games
Nine of Boston's ten road games this season have gone Over.
The Over is 8-2-1 in the last 11 meetings
These teams have met seven times at The Ball Park in Arlington since 2001 have resulted in totals of 14, 14, 13, 26, 9, 15 and 11 runs.

Obviously this line has been kept down due to the Pedro factor but we feel this has been over-compensated for and expect this one to reach double-digits.

Recommended Play: OVER 8.5 -130

Keyser Soze

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2000
Orlando
Sometimes one must look inside the numbers, and I think that is the case here. Yes, Boston has had many of their road games go over the number, but you must remember that 7 of the 10 games were vs. Tampa Bay and Toronto, whose overs are definatley the way to go. The pen has killed Boston, but I don't think it will get that chance tonight. In Park's last two outings he has yielded just 3 runs over 11 innings vs. the Angels and the Mariners. The Rangers rank 28th in the league offensively and I don't anticipate that getting any better tonight. Boston's offense is not firing on all cylinders, they have been helped greatly with shabby defense and awful pitching......That being said, I do believe that in this series the over looks good, but not tonight. Mind you as well, my number is 9, so 8.5 is sure a lot nicer. Good luck with your play, at least one of us will win!