wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
here is a smorgasbord of info..

PHI/MON- Heyer & Maguire
OTT/PHo- Joanette & McCreary
DET/EDM- Shick & Meier
VAN/LA- Auger(7-16 o/u 4.49 GPG) & LaRUe(8-19 o/u 4.29 GPG)
BOS/WAS- Gregson(home teams 19-7 ATS) & Martell
TOR/STL- Walkom & Watson

Lalime expected in net for Ottawa...
dafoe for boston

The Kings haven't lost at home to the Canucks since April 6, 1996, going 9-0-2 while outscoring them, 40-13.

SHOTS FROM THE POINT: Ottawa won the last game between these two teams, which was played in Phoenix last March, by a score of 5-2. The Senators outshot the Coyotes 25-7 in the first period, but Phoenix outshot Ottawa 13-4 in the second and 7-1 in the third. Burke was pulled after 40 minutes, having allowed four goals on 25 shots. He gets his chance at redemption tonight, when he lines up opposite Patrick Lalime, who has a 1.64 GAA and 3-1 career record against Phoenix.

Forwards: Magnus Arvedson-Radek Bonk-Marty Havlat

Shawn McEachern-Todd White-Marian Hossa

Ivan Ciernik-Mike Fisher-Bill Muckalt

Andre Roy-Chris Herperger-Chris Neill

Defence: Wade Redden-Shane Hnidy

Chris Phillips-Zdeno Chara

Curtis Leschyshyn-Sami Salo

PHOENIX

Forwards: Sergei Berezin-Daymond Langkow-Claude Lemieux

Ladislav Nagy-Krystofer Kolanos-Shane Doan

Brad May-Michal Handzus-Landon Wilson

Mike Sullivan-Daniel Briere-Trevor Letowski

[This message has been edited by wigs (edited 12-13-2001).]

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
mont.........
Jose Theodore will be back in nets tonight
Montreal: With Hackett back in the lineup, the Canadiens injured list is down to C Joe Juneau (knee, 1 week), W Jan Bulis (knee, 1 month) and D Stephane Quintal, who is day-to-day with some dental problems. Quintal was supposed to play Wednesday night as part of coach Michel Therrien's new defensive rotation. Stephane Robidas played in Quintal's place while Andre Markov took Patrick Traverse's place in the lineup as planned.

Philadelphia: The big name missing from the Flyers lineup is D Eric Desjardins who broke his left index finger when he was hit by a shot by Atlanta's Ilja Kovalchuk Monday night. He's likely out for two weeks. W Rick Tocchet still is recovering from off-season knee surgery. D Luke Richardson (foot) is day-to-day as is D Chris Therien (shoulder).

The Habs lines:

Oleg Petrov-Shaun Van Allen-Andreas Dackell;

Richard Zednik-Yanic Perreault-Chad Kilger;

Brian Savage-Doug Gilmour-Mike Ribeiro;

Arron Asham-Benoit Gratton-Reid Simpson.
from slam

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
edm..........
The Oilers have just one win in the first five games of December while the Wings arrive in Edmonton on an 0-3-1 skid.

The Oilers, to make matters worse, are also on the limp. In addition to winger Ryan Smyth, who's still out with a broken ankle, Edmonton is without second line right winger Dan Cleary, who's slated for arthroscopic knee surgery tomorrow. Defenceman Jason Smith is also doubtful for tonight's game as he rests a lower back strain. He's already missed four games because of it.

EDMONTON

Shawn Horcoff-Mike Comrie-Anson Carter

Josh Green-Rem Murray-Jochen Hecht

Ethan Moreau-Todd Marchant-Mike Grier

Domenic Pittis-Mary Reasoner-Georges Laraque

DETROIT

Brendan Shanahan-Steve Yzerman-Sergei Fedorov

Thomas Holmstrom-Igor Larionov-Brett Hull

Luc Robitaille-Boyd Devereaux-Pavel Datysuk

Kirk Maltby-Kris Draper-Darren McCarty

Between the posts: Tommy Salo will get the start for Edmonton while Dominik Hasek will go for Detroit in a battle of Olympic netminders.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
la/van...

The under is 8-1-1 in the last 10 meetings.
The under is 10-4 when the Canucks play on the road.
VAN is 6-11-1 SU on the road this season.
LA is 7-1-2 ATS in the last 10 meetings.
The under is 6-2 in the Kings last eight overall.
The under is 4-1 in LA's last five at home.
As noted earlier, refs tonight are LaRue and Auger, a combined 15/34 over/under....around a 4.40 GPG

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
more toronto updates..........

Lumme was surprised and happy to learn he had been named to the Finnish Olympic team, but in the same breath said he is going to miss tonight's game against the Blues because of a nagging rib injury suffered against the Phoenix Coyotes on Tuesday.

"I wasn't making any plans to go to Salt Lake City and it feels outstanding," Lumme said. "Hopefully I will be back Saturday (against the Montreal Canadiens). It doesn't bother me when I skate, it's when I try to battle."

Fellow Leafs defenceman Aki Berg, who was partnered with Lumme for Finland when it bronze at the 1998 Winter Olympics in Nagano, also was named to the Finnish team.

Leafs centre Robert Reichel will be back to help the Czech Republic defend its gold medal in Nagano, and 23-year-old defenceman Tomas Kaberle was named to the Czech Olympic team for the first time.

Anders Eriksson, who has been a healthy scratch for the past six games and eight of the past nine, said he will take Lumme's spot. Cory Cross also is expected to play after being scratched for the past three games, meaning Wade Belak probably will sit out.

Brent Johnson will start in goal for the Blues.

Lineups (Subject to change)

TORONTO

LW C RW

Hoglund Sundin Renberg

Tucker Corson Mogilny

Roberts Reichel Green

Valk McCauley Domi

Defence pairs

Kaberle-McCabe

Yushkevich-Berg

Eriksson-Cross
STL

Tkachuk Demitra Varlamov/Keane

Drake Weight Young

Stillman Mayers Mellanby

Nash Eastwood Keane/Varlamov

Defence pairs

Finley-Pronger

Salvador-MacInnis

Khavanov-Bergevin

Terryray

Say Parlay
Forum Member
Vancouver will start Skudra newspapers say. Van started him last two back to back nights where Cloutier started in the first.

Skudra 0-3 before LA, sporting 4.28 gga and .838 pct. But that's in only 3 starts, could have been bad nights, like when alot of backup goalies start. He's been fine on the road this year.

Wigs, I'm up in Austin quite a bit. Should be so after I get back from Maine in early Jan. Yesterday had fine and inexpensive BBQ lunch special at the new John Mueller's BBQ on Manor Rd. Not as good as Taylor outpost, but fine enough.

wigs

Forum Member
Jan 27, 2001
austin, tx,usa
thanks terryray, was really wondering who vancouver would start. i loved that under if cloutier was in(especially with the refs in there) but now i dont know...bottom line is this is a 4 pt game for 2 western conf teams that desperately need pts, which was another reason i lovedthe under. now skudra and his huge white pads are in--hmmm, i might stick with the under since LA is finally home from a long road trip but maybe not as much since no danny(ever notice how often canadian announcers add the "y" to someone's name, joey, matty, etc)...thanks terryray, hopefully before too long we can meet over some brews and discuss some good hockey--

Bet on MyBookie