Refurbished Dell computer

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Has anyone ever bought a refurbished computer from Dell's website? Looking to try and save a few bucks. Also, If anyone has bought Dell's DVD burner, what did you think? I for some reason think the difference could just be in what software you use. Am I right? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rrc

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
I think you can get a great new Dell for $499 or so..Every week th prices seem to get lower.

godsfavoritedog

Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Vermont
I bought one once to save a few hundred bucks. I would never do it again. I don't know if it was because it was s refurb or if Dell's usually suck this bad but I had a ton of problems with it. Ended up replacing the hard drive after 2 years. I still have it but I don't trust it AT ALL. :cursin:

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

volfan

Elephant Hunter
Forum Member
Jul 18, 1999
BIG ORANGE LAND!!
I have 3 Dell's, no issues at all. Buy a new one though...

Stay away from Gateway.

The best thing to do is build one yourself, buy a barebone and finish it yourself.

mjalam

Forum Member
Jan 30, 2003
Bay Area, CA
volfan said:
I have 3 Dell's, no issues at all. Buy a new one though...

Stay away from Gateway.

The best thing to do is build one yourself, buy a barebone and finish it yourself.

agree totally...build your own..i did...have had it for years...still running great!! plus its easier to upgrade your own stuff

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

dawgball

Forum Member
Feb 12, 2000
I have 3 Dells in my house currently and have owned or used (at work) probably 5 or 6 more on a daily basis. I have had exactly one problem with one of them. The hard drive that came with the latest one was bad. They had a guy at my house the very next day I reported it with a replacement. End of problem on my end.

My biggest complaint to date is that my laptop was a little too heavy, but this was 3 or 4 years ago. But I think that was pretty much industry-wide.

Building your own computer may be the best deal for someone with good to above average skills, but for the most part it would be way more hassle than it's worth.

Whoever said stay away from Gateway gave the best advice so far in this thread.

jhawksoon

Forum Member
May 1, 2005
The Heartland
Thanks for the advice everyone. I have had my last Dell for about 4 years now. Bought it new and totally loaded at the time. Have not had any problems with it for this long so I am sold on the Dell brandname. I just didn't know if anyone has had any big problems with refurbished Dells. Still wanting to know about Dell DVD burners. Any comments?