Remember 1984 finals?

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Remember 1984 finals?

The same thing could be said about the Lakers after game 3 in '84. LA won game one by 15 in Boston, then blew a close one in game two (after going 2-0 against Boston in the regular season). LA blew Boston out in game 3 in LA, and all the talk was not who was going to win, but who would be the MVP for the Lakers.

Boston won in seven games.

Lets not forget the Lakers outplayed Detroit soundly in Game 2. Pistons were playing from behind the entire game. 2 minutes, 16 seconds was the amount of time the Pistons led between the end of the first quarter and Shaq's 5th foul with 6 minutes left in the game. That's the game I was watching.

Except for a 2 minute stretch in the 4th quarter after the 5th foul on Shaq (which even Doc Rivers called a bad call).

Tonight everything went Detroit's way. They had more energy, they hustled more, they shot better, and they got more calls.

I still think it will be Lakers in 6 or 7.

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
I sure didn't see the Lakers outplay Detroit soundly in Game 2. Remove your head from the clouds.

Lakers built a lead based on Detroit missing layups, getting frustrated, then Detroit torched them for the crucial 3rd, 4th quarters before giving it away at the end.

maverick2112

Forum Member
Jan 16, 2001
Wyoming
Lets not forget the Lakers outplayed Detroit soundly in Game 2.

Are you talking about before of after Detroit turned a 10 point Lakers lead into a 6 pt Piston lead...........thats a 16 point swing..........and you're saying LA outplayed Detroit soundly:confused:

You need to wake up from your dream............you say everything went Detroits way tonight:confused: are you referring to the stretch in the 2nd quarter when Detroit went 10 posessions in a row without a score............boy if thats having everthing go your way then maybe the Pistons should go a whole quarter without even taking a shot and then they will really be in business:)

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Bombs

Forum Member
Jan 29, 2003
Earth
Maverick:

Its guys like this that are going to make you a very, very happy man. Without their undying, unyielding perception that the Lakers are the greatest team ever, and the Pistons barely high school quality, you would never be holding the ticket you are right now.

ticali24

Forum Member
Apr 29, 2004
California
Pistons were the better team tonight. No doubt about it. It is just one game, and that is why I brought up 1984. Guess you did not find it interesting.

Game 4 should be great. Lets see if Detroit can repeat their performance tonight. If they can, they should win the series. Otherwise Lakers should win it if Lakers win game 4.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

MrChristo

The Zapper
Forum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Sexlexia...
You want history?

Otherwise Lakers should win it if Lakers win game 4.

%'s will tell you a much different story.

Teams that have won game 3 when the series was tied 1-1 have gone on to win the Championship 87% of the time.

'84 might well have been different, but for every '84, there are nearly 9 other years where it doesn't happen.

pt1gard

Registered
Forum Member
Apr 7, 2002
seattle
do U recall the 1975 finals?

do U recall the 1975 finals?

rick barry's team huge dog sweeps powerhouse Bullets with elvin hayes and wes unseld, chenier, etc ....

I watched all four of those and all 7 of the Bird/Magic series, how old were u 6?

ok, i get it now ;)

gl, gregg

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg