RIP Alexis Arguello

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Romi

Forum Member
Apr 6, 2007
What a shocker this morning to hear the news. Apparently he died from a self inflicted gun shot wound. I was fortunate enough to catch him near the end of his career. I saw both Pryor fights, his demolition of Kevin Rooney, Andy Gannigan, Bozo Edwards and good fight with a young Boom Boom Mancini. Rest In Peace.

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
What a shocker this morning to hear the news. Apparently he died from a self inflicted gun shot wound. I was fortunate enough to catch him near the end of his career. I saw both Pryor fights, his demolition of Kevin Rooney, Andy Gannigan, Bozo Edwards and good fight with a young Boom Boom Mancini. Rest In Peace.

he was my favorite all-time fighter....i loved the guy....

just horrible news...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

crow

Forum Member
Jun 3, 2008
Had he a history of depression ?

Maybe a disguised homicide ...

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Sonny Palermo

Forum Member
Sep 10, 1999
las vegas nv
Monkey Pants - just noticed the signature at the end of your posts; you ever read the exchange between Shaw and Churchill, regarding the opening of his play Major Barbara? Classic stuff.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gardenweasel

el guapo
Forum Member
Jan 10, 2002
"the bunker"
MJ, a link, not a sports betting or forum site, didn't think you'd mind, delete if you do.

I don't have time to free lance much these days, but wanted to, had to, do something this week.
Thought I'd share it with my buds here at MJ's.

On Alexis:

http://www.boxinginlasvegas.com

beautifully said,sonny......i`ll tell you,i remember watching arguello as a younger fellow with my father and brother(both gone now),and i can honestly say they were some of the best times of my life...

such a class act....such a beautiful fighter...kept moving up in weight to see how far he could push the envelope.....

they don`t make many like arguello....in many ways,marquez reminds me of arguello....guess that`s why i`m such an admirer.....my brother was a ruben olivares fan...after arguelo beat olivares,we were smitten....then the fight that probably sticks in my mind as rigidly as any fight in my memory was when arguello fought alfredo escalera right after escalera had beaten tyrone everett in philly........escalera came in the ring(in puerto rico),as cocky as any fighter that ever drew breath with a python draped around his neck......what a spectacle...i`ll never,ever forget it...

and that was that...for us,arguello was it....

pryor broke our hearts,but,arguello was fighting a great fighter that was naturally just too big...and then there was the black bottle(that`s my story and i`m sticking to it):grins:(btw,f-ck panama lewis and the horse he rode in on)...

whatever,it`s been a sad week...arguello and now another class act in steve mcnair....

thanks for posting the article...very well done,bud...

Last edited: