Robert Stack died

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
I always liked him.

Very funny in "1941" .

Of course he'll be remembered for "Americas Most Wanted" which he started as a personal crusade, IIRC, after losing a son.

According to IMDB.com the last project he was on was called "Butt Ugly Martians". Gotta love a guy who doesn't take himself too seriously -- that's kinda why I liked him.

That Eagle on the muppet show always reminded me of Robert Stack.

bjfinste

Forum Member
Mar 14, 2001
AZ
John Walsh was the host of America's Most Wanted after his son was kidnapped and killed.

Stack hosted Unsolved Mysteries.

Nonetheless, I always liked the guy, too.

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
his two best tv roles were as elliot ness of the untouchables and as the lead in 'twelve o'clock high', a war series about bomber pilots in ww 2. they were both favorites of mine when i was a kid.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
Right BJ -- I just read an obit and they didn't mention it. I thought, "that's strange."

I like John Walsh too.

AR182

Forum Member
Nov 9, 2000
Scottsdale,AZ
loophole,

robert stack was not in twelve o'clock high. the actor who starred in that show was robert lansing.

i loved the untouchables. desi arnez(sp?) was the producer & I remember reading a story where he was getting pressure from a few different parties asking him to cancel the show. i guess the show was considered too violent for it's day, but probably mild in comparison to today's shows.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

loophole

Forum Member
Jul 14, 1999
nc
duh! thanks ar182, i swear i still have stack in that pilot outfit in my head. did stack play a similar role in movies or tv?

TheShrimp

Forum Member
Jan 15, 2002
In "1941" he was a commander or something. Probably in a flight suit. He was in "airplane" too. He spent like 30 years building up the image of "granite man" and then started goofing on it for laughs.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

taoist

The Sage
Forum Member
One of the funniest movies ever!!!!

One of the funniest movies ever!!!!

air00s.jpg

air01.jpg

A few of Stack's quotable quotes from Airplane:

Capt. Rex Kramer (Stack): Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked, in the head, by an iron boot? Of course you don't--no one does--that never happens. Sorry Ted, that's a dumb question. Skip that.

Capt. Rex Kramer (Stack): Get that finger out of your ear! You don't know where that finger's been!

Capt. Rex Kramer (Stack): Some of us here, particularly me, would like to buy you a drink and shake your hand.

R.I.P.