Rookie Input #2

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
Ok- so I've looked into this Pats offense versus this here of recent Colts defense. Colts prevail on Sunday. Colts D held Larry Johnson to 32 yds and Trent Green to 107 yds on this same stage two weeks. Kc came into this game along with all the media hype of LJ and thought they were going to run the ball all over the leagues worst rush defense-- pissed the Colts D off-- and the Colts D DEMOLISHED the KC O line over and over again -- gangtackling LJ like the 98' FSU Semenoles along with a good dose of TRASH TALKING each time and there was absolutely nothing LJ or Trent Green (expected) could do about it-- enough said.

Now-in Baltimore- not to say they have the most talked about offense , but they do have Mcnair (a gamer) and Jamal Lewis (a terror). Again you have an awesome back going against the leagues worst rush defense. And again, held Lewis to just 53 yards and demolished the O line over and over again and talked trash to Lewis again and again gangtackling and there was nothing Mcnair could do about it in his OWN house. The pressure just kept on coming from Harper, Bethea, and Freeney and Manning and Vinatieri did what they do best-- get Vinatieri just close enough to kick it thru the uprights and win the game-- enough said.

Pats -- have to beat up from that shalackin those DB's and even corners put on them last week. Did you see the wood being layed play after play? Then they get the victory with all that emotion, fly all the way back to NE, then on to Indy, --- sounds like a lot of hard breathin to me. Granted, Pats o-line is far better at protecting Brady than either KC or Baltimore of there QB,s. But, I feel the Colts get to Brady and hurry him enough to make a few mistakes and the Colts answer with a Vinatieri FG. Take Gaffney, Caldwell, out of the passing game and with NO run game -- Colts by 5-7.

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
I thought he was running the ball pretty hard in that game - his O line let him down and INdy's league low rushing D just was'nt gonna let those holes open.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Marra

Forum Member
Aug 31, 2002
Chicago, Tempe
He was running hard, he just isn't that good anymore...he isn't fast, he lost his quickness and his change of direction ability...I think he averaged over 4 yards a carry only 3 games the whole season...

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga

Maybe a has been on his way down- agreed. Probably still one of the top 10 rushing offenses with the repect to Mcnair and the passing game in the league. With all the emotion thought Jamal would produce more. Definently saw some powerful runs out of him that day. Swarming Colts were impressive.

Shack

Forum Member
Oct 15, 1999
Braintree,MA
Basically, the Colts didn't have to worry about the passing game in either of their first two playoff games. Green and McNair are not Brady. The Colts could put 7 and 8 in the box to stop the run. Pats use the short passing game as an extension of the running game and occasionally try to stretch the field with a big play. If you put eight in the box they will pass if you don't they can pass or run. I'm not saying the Pats will win, but they are a more balanced offense than KC or Baltimore.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
Agreed- The pats overall may be a more balanced. However, I think the Pats o-line are not the best hole openers in the NFL. But, I think their great in giving Brady a nice pocket and time. Dillon and Maroney just don't have the holes to run thru making them surely a more passing team hence there many games this year where they were a one sided passing offense. I also feel Dillion does'nt hold a candle in the wind to Lewis and Johnson as far as the running game category is concerned. Should be an interesting game tomorrow.