Rookie Input

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga
Firts of let me say- I've been keeping up with this site for some time now and this is my first post. Most of you have won me some x-tra $$$$ this year and for that I thank ya'll.

Now,

Colts -3 -- liking it. This is the year for Manning. Colts are a different bear at home on defense and have too many weapons on offense with Manning, Clark, Wayne, Harrison and just enough running game with Addai to make the Pats respect the run. If the same D shows up that showed up for KC the Pats could be in for a long day. If Rivers puts up 230 than Manning may go for 350! Remember, Colts are UNDEFEATED at home this year and the D is a totally different D since the media gave them so much crap a few weeks ago. I know the almighty Brady is 11-1 in playoff games and 9-1 in road games, but , Brady cannot carry the team on his shoulders this week against an offense like the Colts. Unfortunately for Brady, theres no "I" in team. Manning gets the trip this year, count on it -- with respect to Brady-- Colts cover the 3.

Now-- everybody and there mother is on the Saints! I am too in my heart-- America's destiny team - gotta love the run they put on this year. But, when it comes to Book-killin I'm on the BEARS. First, let me say, the Saints own there dome--but, a 33 degree high temp on Sun. with a 35% chance of showeres at game time surely favors the Bears. This, in turn, creates limitations to the speedy Bush and their duo receiving corps on the slippery when wet Chicago field. Maccalister meets resistance at the bears D line, and Brees -- may have a descent game, but falls short in the end. Brees can't carry the team himself either. I know he played at Purdue and is used to the weather, but the other end of those passes played in warm weather schools and is a different story. In the Saints/Eagles game in their own house their corners got beat several times fo big plays. This is Grossmans specialty and he WILL utilize this weakness-- guaranteed. Berrian has a HUGE day and Benson proves why he shoulda been running the ball all year. Lets not forget Chicago's sell out crowd and all the bad media attention Grossman has gotten post game last week. Remember what the Colts D has done since that same bad media attention they got a few weeks ago? - Grossman looks like a prolific passer this week and shuts the Media up! I'm an SEC fan-- a bulldog-- and when Grossman was at Fla and the Media gave him all that slack week after week he would come out and put 50 on that weeks opponent. He's like Rocky -- the more you slap him around == the harder he comes at you -- Grossman is pissed -- Bears cover the 2.5.

chiro-man

chiro-man
Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Long Beach, Mississippi
QB wins playoff games

QB wins playoff games

Good write-up and I too like the Colts. I understand your view on the saints game. I would nerver put my money on Grossman's ability to finally have a good game. The saints play man on the corners and pressure Def. Grossman has not seen this type of pressure Def. all year. Saints win by 10 points

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga

I understand your point -- but, in Eagles/Saints game Stallworth 3 catches for 100, R. Brown 3 catches for 76, and Baskett and Smith both catches for over 20. Grossman to Berrian and and Muhammad and the great back hands of Benson may give the Saints the same trouble they had last week. The deep threat. In turn, a better D in the Bears to keep the Saints off the field.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

chiro-man

chiro-man
Forum Member
Dec 11, 2006
Long Beach, Mississippi
good point

good point

Pressure def. will give up the big plays. You have to have time to throw the long ball and Garcia on many 3rd and longs made plays that Grossman could never make. He will have to stretch the def. or bears lose big. The saints will get their points can Grossman get his?
You have to like saints+9 teased with Colts+3 instead of Bears+3

BEAU

Forum Member
Sep 17, 2006
Atlanta, Ga

Already teased 7 pointer bears + 5.5 and Colts +4 --- I think Benson and Jones will have a better day than people may think. Westbrook put up 116. Not to say either of these back can hang with Westbrook - but, I think Chicago's o-line is above Philly's. I think Brees gets more pressure this week too.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

tulah

Forum Member
Sep 10, 2003
So Cal
I like both home teams to win big.
The Saints give up too many big plays.
Bears can exploit this.

Manning take's out the Brady bunch.
Then squeek's by the Bears to get his 1st SB ring.

GL to us