Rookie of the year.

1/2 Point Loser

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2004
NYC
Henrik Lundqvist in my opinion should be the Calder trophy winner, Ovechkin is awesome, Crosby is young and struggling right now will be great, but right now Lundqvist is the best rookie and quite possibly the best goalie in the NHL. Call me biased for being a Ranger fan I only missed 1 game this year (just happened to be the Malik Shoot out goal through his legs go figure) he is awesome and is going to be better than Richter, who struggled at the young age of 23 unlike Lundqvist. The Rangers would be below .500 with Weekes starting the majority of the games and would not make the playoffs. Also Lundqvist should seriously be considered for the Vezina Trophy, after tonights game he is the leader in save % and 3rd in GAA. Just felt like voicing my opinion about this trying to gain some respect for this kid.

RexBudler

Wonder Dog
Forum Member
Dec 6, 2003
Irvine, California
I agree Lundqvist has been nothing short of awesome and respect your opinion on him but I would vote for Ovechkin...I havent seen a kid this young with his stick skills in a while...I have been amazed at some of the stuff he has done

1/2 Point Loser

Forum Member
Dec 20, 2004
NYC
I was not trying to sell Ovechkin short he is awesome and I agree I have not seen someone play the way he plays at that young of an age either I was saying how awesome Lundqvist is. Granted the media loves him but Lundqvist is the most popular Ranger since Graves already, and the media in NY will vote for him Stan Fischler who hates the Rangers does nothing but praise this kid and even said advantage Lundqvist in tonights goalie matchup against Hasek. Also there is a lot of Hockey to be played and Ovechkin has been very quiet in the past 2 weeks and Lundqvist has been the best goaltender in the NHL in the last 2 weekes so we will see. That said Crosby will probably win this award with certain media people not actually paying attention, kinda like giving a gold glove a couple of years ago to Palmeiro even thou he only played 32 games at the position.

TorontoCapper

Forum Member
Dec 17, 2005
If Crosby wins ROTY it'd embarrass the league...but deep down, I think that's what Bettman wants (Crosby to win).

Bet on MyBookie