Rory Sabbatini

phar lap

Forum Member
Jan 4, 2005
The Lucky Country
I once saw a caddy poll that had Sabbatini at the top of the list for the "player who makes an idiot of himself on the course" question. Yesterday I realized why. What a pitiful display.

By contrast, Ben Crane showed himself to be a class act.

Trampled Underfoot

Registered
Forum Member
Feb 26, 2001
The fans were great at 18. Even though I was hoping someone would throw a beer on him as he walked to the scoring table.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
The following statement was released Monday by PGA TOUR member Rory Sabbatini:

"In an effort to clear the air and begin my preparation for the 2005 U.S. Open, I would like to apologize for the unfortunate incident that took place at the Booz Allen Classic. I was quite frustrated with the pace of play, something that has become an all too frequent occurrence on golf courses around the world, and reacted inappropriately. I have spoken to Ben Crane and the PGA TOUR on this matter and it is now behind us. Ben and I remain good friends and have already discussed scheduling a practice round together in the near future. I look forward to continuing my support of the PGA TOUR, the sponsors, and most of all the fans and all the charitable good derived as a result of their efforts."

I liked Bens off the inpromptu comments MUCH better--slow player but a class act.

Agent 0659

:mj07:
Forum Member
Dec 21, 2003
Gym rat
I agree he was WAY out of line but seriously these guys need to SPEED THE FUKC UP already. Woods takes 3-4 minutes alot of times in majors to hit a shot and its just ridiculous. Cant say I blame Rory as Ben Crane is like a fawking snail out there I mean GO ALREADY...again out of line but I wish they would do something about it.

chickenman

Forum Member
Nov 12, 2002
Ft. Worth
I don't blame Rory. They were put on the clock 3 or 4 times. While I agree it was a little out of line, something needs to be done about the pace of play. Rory actually got a lot of support from other players after this. Most said he probably handled it the wrong way but they could understand his frustration. I know Rory somewhat as he is married to a girl I was friends with in high school. I went to their christmas party at their house last year, and he has always been nothing but nice and pleasant to be around. I hope this doesn't tarnish his image forever.

Bet on MyBookie