Rugby League Challenge Cup Final

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Leeds Rhinos v Bradford Bulls

The climax of this seasons Challenge Cup takes place tomorrow at the Millenium Stadium in Cardiff + is an all-Yorkshire affair.

Bradford are the current Super League favourites, Leeds are the only unbeaten side. Personally I'll be backing Bradford giving up a 4 point start. They've only had an opening day defeat to St Helens this season + have brushed aside Hull and Wigan, the leagues 4th and 5th best sides at present in the last 2 weeks. Leeds had a fantastic extra time win in the Semi final vs St Helens, however if Sculthorpe had kicked a relatively easy conversion with a couple of minutes to go, Leeds would've been 8pts down and out.

The game will be played under the roof in Cardiff, which will make for a great atmosphere, but create conditions alien to both sides. I feel that Bradfords greater big-match experience will be a key help here.

Team news wise Stuart Fielden is out for the Bulls, which is a big loss as he is an outstanding line breaker and tackler. Leeds' only doubt is Matt Adamson who has been recovering from a broken jaw, but is expected to play.

Leeds have improved hugely this season, largely as a result of the shrewd signings of David Furner, Gary Connelly and Andrew Dunneman. I still feel that they've been a bit fortunate to win every game so far + that a beating is just around the corner so:

Bulls (-4) 3pts

:D

Also, Lance Todd Trophy ( man of the match)

1/2pt Paul Deacon 8/1 (Ladbrokes) - if Bradford win one of their players will win the award - Deacon is the goal kicker + one of the main playmakers. The other likely winners for Bradford are Robbie Paul (great player, but had a quiet season), or one of the wingers Vaikona or Vainikolo - who'll probably need to score at least 2 to get it. However - I'll also have:

1/2pt Jimmy Lowes 12/1 (Bet Direct) - the Bradford hooker has been a star this season + his runs from dummy half will be crucial if the Bulls are to suceed, also a good tactical kicker + retires at the end of the season
;)

hoss:cool:

british bulldog

Forum Member
Sep 5, 2002
England, u.k.
Good luck to you Hoss.

I backed Leeds several weeks ago at 11/2 to win outright so I will hedge Bradford to cover stake on Leeds.

I prefer your bet on Jimmy Lowes for Lance Todd Trophey. Everything comes through him and he is the biggest match winner for Bradford in recent times. Although not a prolific scorer his energy, guile and drive is second to none.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hoss

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
England
Bradford 22 Leeds 20

been away, so I thought I better post + take my medicine :eek:

Bradford got 8pts up at one point + I thought they might run away with it. Leeds fought back bravely + at the end Bradford were hanging on without even bothering to try + score more. They obviously don't understand handicap betting :rolleyes: .
To make matters worse a Leeds player (Gary Connelly) got the Lance Todd trophy!

will get it back !!!!:D
hoss

ps were've you been hiding Bulldog?