Rule changes and totals

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
I have some ideas on how the rule changes will effect the totals but am interested in other opinions.

Randercity

Wait til HT
Forum Member
that's the way I see it... sagging defenses causing more scoring. May see a lot of 3 ptr's so games where you got good shooter will tend to be higher scoring. Teams will likely run more with the 8 second rule also, and the technical foul shot for 3 seconds should add a couple pts per game.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
More jump shots=less free throws which means the clock will stop less.

How can the NBA players be any more lazy defensively than they've been?

Roger

Forum Member
Oct 12, 1999
AUSTIN
zone defenses will allow for double teaming before a player has the ball...this tells me that a "go to" player may not get the ball as often as before...which will lead to missed shots and a lower FG% by others on the team...the hand checking rule is really bizarre...you allow players to play more tightly on players and you expect the scoring to increase? this will just allow players who got away with it last year to have an even better chance to get away with it this year...when have you ever seen a player that is "hand checked" all the way to the basket make a good shot? it's pretty strange to me...as I've stated before, the new rule changes are more likely to cause teams to slow it down and play less agressivley then before...not all teams will do this of course...you'll still see scores in the 100's...it will benefit teams with pure shooters and scorers because they will exploit the zone...but overall the scores will not "jump" to the extent that is expected because of the changes...JMHO!
cool.gif