S Diego at NY(Biff's analysis)

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Biff

Forum Member
Jan 24, 2000
Fort Smith, AR
S Diego +138 at NY Mets(overnight)

I think this play has some value to it and I state my argument below.
=====================
Starting Pitchers:
BJ Jones: 3.06 era
Reed: 2.91 era

Just about a toss up here as both have done well in the early part of this season. If I am not mistaken BJ Jones was with the Mets and this could add a little incentive to the task at hand.
=====================

Latest form with the home and road record of each team:
S Diego: 7-3 last 10; 9-6(road)
NY Mets: 3-7 last 10; 8-7(home)

As of late the Mets have been playing poorly. They have a losing streak of 6 straight. The Padres have lost their last 2 in a row, but have faired much better in their last 10. Looking at the road record of the Padres, they appear to travel very well early in the season, while the Mets are struggling to stay above .500 at home.
=====================

Offensively last 3 games:
S Diego: 16 hits in 95 ab's (.168 average)
NY Mets: 19 hits in 101 ab's (.189 average)

Both are struggling to scratch out any offense. The Padres were no hit the other day and the Mets look like they could also use a confidence boost at the plate. I see this also as a toss up.
=====================

My numbers grade this game as S Diego being the favorite at -103 and that is giving the Mets a generous 10 cents for playing at home. Gonna step out and throw a couple of $$ on the Padres here and see if they can extend the Mets losing streak and get the job done...........Good luck with your plays.

Hooks

Forum Member
Aug 14, 2000
VEGAS
Hey Biff,what's up? At 4:25 a.m.(Me!!!,worked from 8:00 a.m. till 3:30 this morning pac.time.) anyway, been very quiet since FOOTBALL,but was looking at M.L.B. this morning and had come up with S.D. as a play also.
I've been following a few of the great cappers here this season and am enjoying the way things are going.Have been hesitant to give any plays so far.If any of you still remember me,I talk about plays I feel that I have no regrets giving to my fellow cappers at M.J.s
I've been very busy at work(setting up conventions in Vegas) I can't totally handicap like I would for us.
Biff, here's what my early looks are :
S.D.
Clev.
Az.
Sea.
Hou.
Fla.
Good Luck !!!

------------------
let element-x be with us