SA Tour

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Quite like Fichardt, but a saver on Rose, bmad, are you sure!??

Agree with Ian's Grant Muller at 50/1, but hopefully this will be the week that Martin Maritz finally concentrates for all72 holes. 18/1 with Hills and Coral.

Also been impressed with Scott Drummond in recent weeks and have taken the 40 with Hills.

doonhamer

Forum Member
May 16, 2001
Scotland
Haven't posted for a while but back now , Mark McNulty is still the class act in this field and @ 20/1 with Ladbrokes is worth a bet instead of EW I am having 1pt win McNulty @ 20/1 with laddies and 1pt Win Maritz @ 18/1 with Willhill.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Clive,
Just checked your site and saw "the prospect of ever backing Rose as a 7/1 favourite, even in a limited field, is enough to prompt retirement from betting!" - but he won last week when he was only 6/1 and that price included the non runner in the field (McNulty). This is the first time I have ever supported him but was impressed by his Dunhill victory and should have backed him last week - but this week he is a bigger price for having another victory under his belt. I am not saying he WILL win but for me it's worth a cover bet.

My stakes this week are 2 over 1 Estes & Olazabal, 1 ew Fichardt & Rose... a third win this year for Rose would cover me. Did the same with Big Ern the week he won in OZ - I have no shame about backing the occasional fav - there is sometimes a reason why they are fav!! But I know you feel dizzy if your eyes glnace above 33/1 in a betting list :)

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays:

Martin Maritz to win 18/1 e.w. @ William Hill
Would have looked at Wessels and Immelman this week, but having played in Australia last week, they are passed over for players who remained in South Africa this month. Habitually first on my list is Maritz who rarely fails to contend. Last year's winner, Darren Fichardt, is rather long off the tee and Maritz, who finished 22nd, is of similar game.

Tjaart Van Der Walt to win 28/1 e.w. @ NetBetSports
Van Der Walt is another who has been a profitable selection this season. Top-5 finishes in his last two events, he should be a genuine contender this week before heading to the States to prepare for the start of the Buy.com Tour season.

Bradford Vaughan to win 50/1 e.w. @ BetInternet
Has shown an improvement in form in the last few weeks with successive top-20 finishes. A regular winner on this Tour, he would not have been this price at the start of the year. A repeat of last year's 4th place finish would make for a profitable week.

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
72-hole plays (1 unit unless otherwise stated):

Marc Cayeux to beat Sandeep Grewal -111 @ Simon Bold [3 units]
Grewal is featured because of a career week at the Dunhill Championship. In seven other starts on the Southern Africa Tour he has a best of 63rd place. His record on the European Challenge Tour is no better: 10 missed cuts from 12 starts. Quite a contrast to Cayeux who has missed just one cut in the last 12 months (20 starts)!

Marco Gortana to beat Nico Van Rensburg -111 @ Simon Bold [2 units]
Gortana beat Van Rensburg on this course last year and in all five events on this Tour this year. Can't see any reason for this pattern to change this week.

Simon Hurd to beat Mark Murless -111 @ Simon Bold
Murless is capable of great weeks - 7th last week, 2nd in the Zimbabwe Open last year - but these mask typically poor weeks. In his three other starts this year he has been 85th, missed the cut and withdrawn after one round. Hurd has beaten him in all three common events this year and on this course last year.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
You're right in that Rose could win this week, Bmad, but I couldn't have him at single figures...if somebdoy had suggested to you at the turn of the year you'd be backing him at single figures you'd have thought they were mad!

It is certainly a somewhat valid criticism of my betting strategy that I hardly ever consider a player at less than 20/1, but I guess that's just my way....I also stake much more on bigger prices than smaller ones...

cheers

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Clive,
re your "if somebody had suggested to you at the turn of the year you'd be backing him at single figures you'd have thought they were mad" - I totally agree... but I try to keep my betting 'fluid', one reason why I hate staking plans.
There was no criticism intended... I like your bigger stakes on bigger prices..... you obviously don't have blood just pure adrenalin pumping through your veins :D
Here's hoping Fichardt wins anyway.... bigger price!

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
SA Tour has been really interesting this year, and the absence of Els and Goose makes this event even more so.

Laid all (not much) the 8s at Betfair Bmad!! I would have accomodated you, or is it your money! Got away with laying Woods at a bargain 3/1 last week...thank goodness for the 77, or it could have been an expensive week!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
A little advice please.Got my coat tails in this event covered elsewhere and forgot about a weekly wager @ Sportingbet.Noticed they had McLardy 50/1,paying 5 places and was wondering if that was viable wager or tossing money to the wind?

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
DTB,
Did a quick pull of his top 20's from what I have for you.....
Year Week Finish Event
1997 5 12 SA Open
1998 6 10 Dunhill
1999 3 17 Dunhill
1999 7 5 SA Masters
1999 13 10 Madeira
1999 32 5 Scandanavian
1999 34 15 BMW
1999 35 6 Scottish PGA
1999 50 13 SA PGA
1999 50 13 Vodacom Players
2000 14 13 Sao Paolo
2000 35 20 Scottish PGA
2001 30 15 John Deere
2002 2 20 SA Open
2002 4 5 SA PGA

looks a bit on the top 4 less side... but there's always a first time for everything

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
DTB,
Did you do Mclardy? I keep seeing his name on the board and am wincing at the thought of my top 4 less comment putting you off supporting him.... pile some relief on me and tell me you took the 50/1... please :(

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Mid-point update:

Cayeux/Grewal WON (Grewal WD)
Gortana/Van Rensburg Trails by 3
Hurd/Murless Trails by 6

Maritz 29th
Van Der Walt 14th
Vaughan 17th

What an eventful tournament! Won the top matchup as Grewal withdrew midway through the 2nd round - he was 11-over-par and last anyway. Bradford Vaughan was the 1st round leader after shooting three eagles, but opened his 2nd round with a quadruple-bogey! Three bogeys to close and he fell right out of contention, with the 2nd round leader being Bruce Vaughan. Still hopeful that this doesn't turn into a losing event.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Nicholas who??

Let's hope we get some more generous prices next week from these smiling bookies with their pockets bulging with cash.
I cannot believe I took single figures on Justin Rose!!!! I can only only claim temporary insanity.... somebody should have told me.... :)
Darren Fichardt was very disappointing.... again... too many bogies:(

DTB,
Nice call on Mclardy... I like an happy ending:D

Clive

Forum Member
Apr 18, 2001
Oxford, England
www.take624.com
Not a great event...still waiting for Maritz to string four decent rounds together..will be interesting to see where he plays now.

Made a little easier of course having laid Rose on Betfair!!
Must admit to using them more and more often now, heavily over-subscribed on their Oscar betting. Anybody played on the golf finishing position markets?