Santa Anita

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

griff45

Forum Member
Nov 14, 2001
nacogdoches,tx usa
Malibu Race 8- I'm leaning towards Golden Hare at 6-1. Tough race to read. Hard to tell how Sunday Break and Mayakovsky will return. I am scared of USS. Tinosa. I believe Golden Hare has had time to improve since starting his racing in Feb. and is running good right now.

Dogfish

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2002
tough one griff,golden hare looks o.k. and may be able to get those coming off a layoff just wondering if belongs in a g-1.dont think the 2,3 and 5are in here for a prep.will probably go with sunday break if near the m/l 4/1 and look for some value in exactas.:shrug:

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
I'm planning on making a few wagers on SA today. The Malibu does look tough; I thought USS Tinosa might be interesting at 10-1 or so. The horse has had some rough trips and has won over the SA track. My Cousin Matt is definitely on the improve and nobody has a stronger "milkshake" than Scott Lake.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

LasVegasErnie

Forum Member
Apr 2, 2002
U.S.A.
madjacksports
MILKSHAKE....

MILKSHAKE....

"The latest fad originated in the late 80's. It is called milkshaking. A pretty simple thing, but depending on how used can be deadly. "Milkshakes" are simply a concoction of baking soda, powdered sugar, gatorade, and carbo fuel (purchased from any local GNC). It is given orally, by tube down the throat or squirting down the mouth. Trainers opting to tube it down to the stomach have at times missed the correct path. (Horses like people have a pathway that leads both to the lungs and the stomach). I've known trainers who have erred and sent the solution dirsectly into the lungs...this my friend is a long, slow, painful death. A trainer will never admit to doing it, and a vet has no way to correct it. the horse litteraly drowns.

So how do milkshakes work? Milkshakes give the horse a boost of energy. The basic premise of how it works is that athletes get tired at some point, when they reach this point, the body now begins to lose the oxygen content that is needed to fuel the muscles and it begins to burn muscles/fat cells. the by-product of this burn is lactic acid. Lactic Acid when stored in muscles, causes stiffness and make you tire easily. Milkshakes inhibit lactic acid from entering the muscle tissue allowing the horse to continue on at the same rate. This is one of the main reasons for the speed explosion you've seen throughout 90s."

Not my words, but those of an East Coast trainer who was willing to shed a little light on the darker side of the business.

Dogfish

Forum Member
Jan 14, 2002
most interesting l.v. ernie,the milkshake didn't help today,was an also ran.these east coast ones don't seem to do to well fresh in.sure would like to know what kind of milkshake j. krones horse had that paid $55 to win!griff golden hare ran great at a big price for fourth,you had the right idea!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Valuist

Forum Member
Aug 21, 2001
Mt. Prospect, IL
He's right about the milkshake term in the specific sense. I've also heard people use it as a synonym for drugging horses. There's been a lot of controversy about Scott Lake and the form turnarounds his claims have. Just good or just one step ahead of the testing?