SAS Championship

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Monarch

Forum Member
Feb 24, 2002
London
1st real outing on the Seniors so not really sure what I'm doing.

Ed Dougherty 40/1 @ SJ (5 places)
L Nelson 22/1 @ (4 places) Hills
J Thorpe 25/1 @ SJ (5 Places) all 1 Unit ew.

Last edited:

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Outright plays (2 units):

Morris Hatalsky to win 20/1 e.w. @ Sean Graham
Looked for these odds and it's been the first time since he won the Uniting Fore Care Classic that I've got them. That victory had been a long time coming and it should not be too long before the #2 ranked player in All-Around Ranking records another one. With just one year of course experience for the rest of the field, this looks like being as likely a week as any.

Larry Nelson to win 22/1 e.w. @ William Hill
Only four places, but the price on Nelson is several points higher than elsewhere, including 2nd-best Paddy Power who are a welcome addition to the list of book that line the Seniors Tour and let's hope they stick around. He secured a top-4 finish last week and currently on a run of Senior Tour finishes of 15th, 12th, 6th and 4th last week. With a 6th place finish last year (he had been 1st round leader), he could continue his weekly improvement.

Doug Tewell to win 40/1 e.w. @ Centrebet
Insulting odds from Centrebet. Has been 30/1 for the last two weeks and in those two weeks his finishes have improved from 37th to 13th and from 13th to 10th. Could have secured a top-4 finish last week had he secured just three, rather than one, birdie in his last final round on Sunday. Finished 4th last year and should go close again this time around.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Matchup plays (2 units unless stated):

Allen Doyle to beat Jim Thorpe -120 @ Five Dimes
Won as a matchup rather than an outright selection last week and duly returned to his consistent top-10 golf. Every reason to expect just as good a week this week from Doyle as he returns to a course on which he finished 2nd last year, shot every round in the 60s and easily beat Thorpe in the process.

Bruce Fleisher to beat Bob Gilder -115 @ Five Dimes
Expecting more of a letdown from Gilder than Fleisher this week. Gilder has won four times in the last two months, but three have been via playoffs and his tired 32nd place finish last week was to be expected. Fleisher did win last week after an opening 60, but he does not have a record of playing poorly after a win and he has been in excellent form for some time. I expect it will continue this week.

Gil Morgan to beat Don Pooley -135 @ Five Dimes [4 units]
Morgan has beaten Pooley in four of their last five meetings and, just as importantly, on this course last year. Not the force he was on the Tour, but now a dependable selection for matchups rather than outrights.

DOGS THAT BARK

Forum Member
Jul 13, 1999
Bowling Green Ky
Sheeew I went to lay a little wood on Doyle and Fleisher and both have moved to -130. I am gonna have to start getting up earlier than 3am:D Did do a little parlay on them though:p

bettingmad

Forum Member
Feb 27, 2001
Yorkshire, UK
www.bettingmad.com
Bugger....
Deserted my "slow starter" Leitzke this week so he shoots 63 in round 2. Noticed he was 50 with Hills this morning and knew he had won this last year.... but left him alone. Think Stan has tipped him up for the last 2 weeks.... oh well... there's time for things to change again.

Last edited:
MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Stanley

Registered
Forum Member
Jul 26, 1999
Manchester, England
www.tour-tips.com
Final update:

Matchups: 3-0-0; +8.00 units

Doyle/Thorpe WON by 1
Fleisher/Gilder WON by 8
Morgan/Pooley WON by 3

Outrights: 0-3; -6.00 units

Hatalsky 40th
Nelson 33rd
Tewell 15th

Good final round in the matchups to secure the sweep and make up for some very disappointing outrights. Had picked Lietzke for the last two weeks and he wins this week. No comment! First reverse sweep in the outrights for two months and will now have to wait two weeks to make amends.

Senior PGA Tour ytd
Matchups: 11-7; +8.17 units
Outrights: 21-41; +84.00 units

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg