SAT NFL Games....

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

justwinbaby

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2004
19-4(+41 units)...(last two weeks)

Throwing these out early for discussion, I might change these tommorow as i research them more,comments are VERY welcome :)

STEELERS-10(1 unit)injuries! Plain and simple Its hard to gamble on a team as beat up as the Giants.....If Pittsburgh just runs runs runs they will cover this 10 point line as the Giants cannot stop a running game...BUT ....There is a angle to this that i dont like for Pittsburgh, Giants Def Cord. was fired by Cower last year and the players want to Win this game with Defense to pay Cower back for his dissing Lewis......
With Lewis, the current Giants defensive coordinator, the Steelers "D" was ranked ninth, seventh and first, respectively, the last three seasons. But he was still fired on Jan.6 by Bill Cowher for still-unexplained reasons, which caused the Atlanta Falcons, who were considering Lewis for their head coaching position, to cancel a second interview with him the next day.

Think Lewis wants a piece of Cowher and his team?

"I know deep down in Tim Lewis' heart he wants to win this game," defensive tackle Norman Hand said. "He may not say that it means a lot, but I know it means a lot to him."

That is a factor that I really dont like to bet into! These players love Lewis and i look for them to step up sat and slow the run
...... Deion Sanders ripped the Giants' effort in Sunday's 37-14 loss, saying, "It was almost like you're playing against a team that couldn't wait until the season is over.".....Well i dont think thats the case in this game because of the Lewis factor AND the Deion comments

Linebacker Barrett Green will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his left knee Friday, ending his troubled season. His replacement on the weak side would be Nick Greisen, who is battling a sprained left ankle but practiced yesterday.

Four other key players did not practice and are doubtful: tackle Norman Hand (groin), safety Gibril Wilson (shoulder), guard Chris Snee (inflamed gland) and receiver Jamaar Taylor (quad).

Snee remained hospitalized early yesterday. Coach Tom Coughlin said the swollen gland in the rookie's jaw might be the result of a virus. .....The Steelers have not been a Big Time killer of teams on the road and the biggest spread was a 10 point win over Miami....They havnt dominated with Big point wins on the road

12/05 at Jacksonville -3 17-16
11/21 at Cincinnati -5 19-14
10/17 at Dallas +3 24-20
09/26 at Miami +1.5 13-3
09/19 at Baltimore +3.5 13-30

For the Steelers, linebacker Clark Haggans (groin) is out. Receiver Plaxico Burress (hamstring), tailback Duce Staley (hamstring) and linebacker James Farrior (shoulder) are questionable and did not practice.

Warner might get inserted at some point...Im hoping that wont be the case....Most likely in the 4th....That would probably be the"Backdoor" cover.....The Giants are really a terrible banged up team and Pittsburgh has to keep the momentum up but i wouldnt chance spotting more then 10....... New York has failed to cover its last six games and is 6-19-1 against the spread in its previous 26 contests whewwwwwwwwww thats bad...small play 1 unit

WASH-5.5(1Units)Lots of Drama with the 49ers this past week!....Coach Dennis Erickson is not going to the University of Mississippi, but does that mean he will be staying with the San Francisco 49ers?

Erickson met Tuesday evening with Mississippi officials before returning to his 49ers office to continue preparations for Saturday's game against the Washington Redskins. At that point, there were questions whether Erickson would be on the sideline for that game......

Erickson sucks as a coach when he is focused on a game!!...The players wont step it up for him in this game!... At approximately 8 a.m., Erickson called a team meeting and announced to his players that he was staying on with the 49ers.

"Let's get to work," he said and left the room after a meeting that lasted less than a minute.....WAY TO FIRE UP THE TROOPS!! You idiot!.... lol whew this guy i never did like and i like him less now

Then we have
?RB Kevan Barlow is not pleased that he won't be in the starting lineup Saturday against the Washington Redskins. First-year player Maurice Hicks gets his second career start after gaining 139 yards while Barlow was out with a concussion...... "Yeah, I was very disappointed," Barlow said. "I didn't agree with that. Do I want to be the starter? Do I deserve to be the starter? I think I deserve to be the starter."

However, 49ers coach Dennis Erickson thinks differently. Hicks will get his second NFL start because Erickson believes he deserves it.....What a idiot coach!

and....
?FB Fred Beasley, who has feuded with RB Kevan Barlow through the years, said Sunday he and the offensive line were offended by some of Barlow's recent comments. Barlow jokingly said he wanted the 49ers to use draft picks in each of the seven rounds to select offensive linemen. He added, "Nah, whatever helps the team win, whether it's the D-line, O-line, wide receiver, running back, whatever helps us win."

Barlow spoke Monday with Beasley and some members of the offensive line. He spoke with other offensive linemen on Tuesday as the 49ers began preparations to face the Redskins.

"Fred took it personal," Barlow said. "If I'd heard it the way he heard it, I'd be upset too. I apologize for a misunderstanding. I didn't apologize for what I said because none of those guys would've taken it personal if they'd heard the whole thing."

Anyone think this team will be focused?? But one thing about these 49er's....they got arizona down pat winning two over the cards 31-28

The Redskins own the league's No. 2 defense and SF has the 25th offense....Redskins are playing hard and the offense is picking it up.....CB Ahmed Plummer (bulging disk in his neck), C Jeremy Newberry (back) and LB Brandon Moore (ankle sprain) have all been placed on injured reserve......49er's just have had a cicus this week, I cant see them focused on playing Washington

?LB LaVar Arrington (knee) took a couple snaps with the first team Wednesday after working out with the scout team last week. There is a bit more optimism this week that he will return from a protracted absence.

?CB Shawn Springs (concussion) already has been ruled out of Saturday's 49ers game, though he was said to have suffered no serious injury from the blindside blow by Eagles FB Josh Parry.

?DE Demetric Evans (ankle) practiced Wednesday and is questionable for the 49ers game.

?WR Laveranues Coles (toe) practiced Wednesday and is probable for the 49ers game.

?C Cory Raymer (ankle) practiced Wednesday and is probable for the 49ers game.

?TE Robert Royal (back) practiced Wednesday and is probable for the 49ers game.

?WR James Thrash (hamstring) practiced Wednesday and is probable for the 49ers game.

The Redskins are 6-7 vs. the number, including 3-3 on the road. ? Washington has covered its last three games and has also covered its previous three road contests. ? The 49ers are 6-7 vs. the spread, including 2-4 at home. ? San Francisco has covered its last two games but has failed to cover its last three home contests
One thing that worries me here is did they leave it all on the field last week vs philly?....small play Wash 1 unit

justwinbaby

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2004
CARA+3.5(2UNIT)Atlanta clinched last week the division, Basically playing for a first round bye....Carolina if the season ended right now would be in the playoffs as the 6th seed, The Falcons have dominated this series, winning 11 of the last 13 meetings....whewwwwwww Thats a domination!

The Panthers, who have won five straight since a 1-7 start REALLY NEEDS this game! Its gonna be tough but i believe they get it as Atlantas loss of FB Justin Griffith, whose season ended with a broken left ankle Sunday, and RB T.J. Duckett, who'll miss at least one game will greatly hurt thier offense! Vick is not a Great passer!.....but he sure the hell can run it!.....My thinking is why would the coaches let him run? They have the division locked up why risk him going into the playoffs?I dont look for him to take off!..scramble yes throw yes and maybe a few runs but not much....Vick cant beat them with his arm,Atlanta must be able to run the ball and with Duckett and Grifith out thats a blow to them, In the last 5 five weeks the Panthers have gone from minus-4 in takeaway/giveaway category to plus-12, which ties them for the best mark in the NFC with the 12-1 Philadelphia Eagles.....Everything is clicking for the Cats, But Atlanta has been a thorn ....in a must game I have to go with the hot team

The Panthers are 8-5 against the spread, including 4-2 on the road. ? Carolina has covered its last five games and is 13-2 against the number in its last 15 games as an underdog. ? The Falcons are 6-7 vs. the spread, including 3-4 at home. ? Atlanta has covered four of its previous six games and is 3-0-1 against the number in its final home game in each of the last four seasons

--The 'under' has cashed in five consecutive games for the Falcons. They have seen the 'under' go 10-3 overall, posting a money-making 6-1 record at home.

--The 'under' is 7-1-1 in the last nine meetings between these NFC South rivals.
I really believe that the Panthers have the better team....BUT they have had huge problems with the Falcons and this being a night game wont get much easier....l play Cats+3.5 2units

soljah67

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2004
Good info, I just put in a play for two teasers

Carolina +10 & Over 48 = 2 units

Pitts -4 & Washington +1 = 1 unit

Just playing small this sat and see where it goes. Saving the big ones for the Bowl Games. What's your take on Denver, think its a must win for them, but KC may have something up their sleeve at home.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

justwinbaby

Forum Member
Aug 9, 2004
GL today!...Denver and KC is going to be tight.....Denver is hurting bad in the secoundary,should be a TON of points....as far as im concerned this game is a tossup....Last team with the ball wins kinda game.....I give KC a edge,They would love nothing better then to bump the "HATED" Bronco's from the Playoffs and Jake "The Finger" :thefinger Plummer cant handle stress lol

DrVic

Forum Member
Dec 14, 2004
Major Pitt action on my man's line this morning. Nothing on Giant's. Think I'll save the dough for college bowls like soljah's doin. As always, great writeup JWB. I feel the Panthers may win outright tonight, so I'll be putting a medium wager on them later.

Good Luck guys!

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg