Sat Selections

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Will start with my homer play, the Terps +9...been playing them for 2 weeks now and they haven't let me down yet..is today the day? Could be..but will take another shot in this one...Terps simply are playing their best ball of the season..even when they've gone against better teams (Duke, NC), they've been covering. They seem to have found the perfect combination of team play and everybody plays their role and contributes...now Memphis could totally dominate with superior size..but Md will do all the little things Memphis doesn't always do, free throw shooting, low turnovers, hitting open jump shots..Memphis plays great D but so does Md..this whole game depends on how well Vazquez plays...I say he gets Memphis in foul trouble and has a big day...I'll go medium on this one. with a tiny ML play...

Mich +6 1/2..still not sold on Oak...Mich coach one of the best...will confuse the crap out of Oak I think..Capel not nearly the coach as Bealon...Mich has good athletes playing smart ball..upset very possible here..I'll go both ML and with points in this one.

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Two big dogs, WKU +11 and LSU +11 1/2

Two big dogs, WKU +11 and LSU +11 1/2

Don't view either WKU and LSU to be an easy "one and out" team..these are legit teams and deserve to be in the 2nd round. In the first one, WKU plays a well rounded game..Gonzaga a top notch club as well...Gonzaga gets the nod in this one by not by DD..think this game is close throughout and is decided late..give me the dog

NC is not the same team w/o Lawson..his replacement, Frazier I think his name is, is average at best...LSU is the kind of team that can match NC...NC likes to run and think LSU being so athletic can run with them (i.e., get back on D)..NC running w/o Lawson is not as effective as with him...I see a potential big upset in this one...NC is vulnerable against a very athletic team..LSU 77 NC 75 in a thriller...and i'll take the points as well...

Villanova -2 over UCLA...Villanova can play with anyone..they had their "scare" already...they have great defenders and excellent shooters...UCLA doesn't have the abilty to match their scoring...Vill wins this by 10.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
over 137 1/2 Conn-Tx Am

over 137 1/2 Conn-Tx Am

Conn with their up tempo and lots of dunks and breakaways seems to always score in the 70s/80s..don't see why the same wouldn't hold true today..Tx AM will be forced to foul and then play catchup I think...and that's always good for the over as they'll hit some 3s...I see this game something like 83 63...

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
Dogs and potential cinderellas-will the shoe fit?

Dogs and potential cinderellas-will the shoe fit?

Well split yesterday....but today's another day.

Likin Dayton +8...Dayton has surprised me in this tourney as I thought coming out a fairly medicore atlantic 10 they'd go down easy..but they seem to have picked their game up big time in the first round against WVU, a very good team...and Kansas I think is vulnerable...I actually think WVU is the equal of Kansas so what does that say..an outright win..yeh, I'm playing the ML..Kansas is young..and this game should be about the same pace as WVU which means 8 points in a fairly low scoing game is a lot...Dayton 63, Kansas 61..there's your first real Cinderella for the sweet 16

Liken Wisky +4 over X-men...got Wisky is a tough team to play..every single possession offense and defense is an ordeal...X-men make way too many mistakes against a team that doesn't...Wisky in another upset and another cinderellas for the sweet 16

USC +4 over Mich State...this one could easily be a Mich State blowout..but USC looks like they are peaking at the right time and sure looked like they had some very talented players..they've a veteran coach so see no edge there..Mich State goes down..another potential cinderealla

Arizona--the lesser of the Cinderellas but my choice...they got a great draw in the tourney and they would have beaten WF if it wasn't Clev State instead..Arizona like USC a very talented club..Clev State a nice story but they aren't as talented, and it's a simple as that I think.

And in the NIT Davidson +4...just don't like St Mary's...Davidson still a pretty good club...Davidson on the ML as well.

grey beard

Forum Member
Jan 20, 2003
Leesburg Va
sunday's selections-

sunday's selections-

Well split yesterday....but today's another day.

Likin Dayton +8...Dayton has surprised me in this tourney as I thought coming out a fairly medicore atlantic 10 they'd go down easy..but they seem to have picked their game up big time in the first round against WVU, a very good team...and Kansas I think is vulnerable...I actually think WVU is the equal of Kansas so what does that say..an outright win..yeh, I'm playing the ML..Kansas is young..and this game should be about the same pace as WVU which means 8 points in a fairly low scoing game is a lot...Dayton 63, Kansas 61..there's your first real Cinderella for the sweet 16

Liken Wisky +4 over X-men...got Wisky is a tough team to play..every single possession offense and defense is an ordeal...X-men make way too many mistakes against a team that doesn't...Wisky in another upset and another cinderellas for the sweet 16

USC +4 over Mich State...this one could easily be a Mich State blowout..but USC looks like they are peaking at the right time and sure looked like they had some very talented players..they've a veteran coach so see no edge there..Mich State goes down..another potential cinderealla

Arizona--the lesser of the Cinderellas but my choice...they got a great draw in the tourney and they would have beaten WF if it wasn't Clev State instead..Arizona like USC a very talented club..Clev State a nice story but they aren't as talented, and it's a simple as that I think.

Two team ML-Dayton-Wisky pays 7:1
Two Team ML-Wisky-USC pays 4:-1
thee team ML-Wsky-USC-Dayton pays 10:1

And in the NIT Davidson +4...just don't like St Mary's...Davidson still a pretty good club...Davidson on the ML as well.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg