Saturday Braves/BoSox

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Slick 1

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2004
Boston, MA
This is a great spot in my opinion to back the Braves at a super price, I got Atlanta at +157 @Pinny. The Sox have been one of Baseball's poorest interleague teams over the years and the Braves have crucified them here at Fenway going 12-4 here since interleague began. The Braves throw AAA pitcher Davies out there today and he was only 2-1 with a 4.78 era in Richmond but again that's why I'm getting such a great price. Tim Wakefield throws for Boston and will be without his "personal" catcher as Doug Mirabelli will miss this game, if you seen Varitek trying to catch Wakefield in the playoffs last year you'll realize that Atlanta should be stealing bases all day today. Wakefield's teams are 5-14 in his interleague starts also. Over the last 3 seasons the Braves are 9-3 as road underodgs of +150 to +175 and 41-20 on Saturday's, including 5-1 this season. Atlanta is also a solid 7-1 this year in game 2's if they lost the opener. I think the Braves are a live dog tonight in Boston.

4* Braves +157 (Davies/Wakefield)

Best of Luck to everyone.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

gsp

Forum Member
May 26, 2000
Good to see your write-up. I screwed around and missed getting my par in with the Cubs and under and substituted Atl and over. Sure hope we're right. Good luck

Slick 1

Forum Member
Jan 1, 2004
Boston, MA
GSP it's lousy weather here in Boston with spitting rain and cold temps so the over the total may be a bit risky as wind is suppose to be blowing in....on the other hand Wakefield's 16.6 whip over his last 3 starts and Varitek catching should lead to alot of runners in scoring position for Atlanta. Good Luck with the total.

Thanks for the words guys and I think we have a live one here tonight.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg