Saturday InSights

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

martycox

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Columbus, MS
OKLAHOMA OVER SOUTH FLORIDA BY 47 :eek:
Bob Stoops troops will look to run it up one more time against another outmanned whipping rag before the real season starts next week. Stoops ran it up by throwing a touchdown pass against UTEP while leading 61-0, a tactic probably learned while serving as defensive coordinator under Bill Snyder at Kansas St. The loss of Jason White gives the Sooners more time to play Nate Hybl to insure he?s ready for the rigors of the Big 12 while the Sooner defense will look to pitch its 3rd shutout in 4 games. The Bulls only had 150 yards vs. Arkansas in it?s last game and trailed 35-0 at the half. Without Clara Barton on the other sidelines this will be more of the same.
OKLAHOMA - 50 SO. FLORIDA - 3

? East Carolina - Eye patches have failed to cover 7X.
? Nebraska - Husker?s have won 9X vs. Cyclones
? San Diego St. -Montezuma?s 0-8 ATS as HD >7.

AUBURN - 35 SYRACUSE - 14 :D
Tigers well remember 31-14 defeat at the Carrier Dome last year when Auburn?s youth turned the ball over 5 times and were harassed all day by a good Syracuse defense. Now the shoe is on the other foot with the Orange bringing a load of youth into hostile Jordan Hare Stadium. The Syracuse offense returns only 3
starters and their defense has been atrocious allowing 500 yards per game including 5 yards per rush on the ground. Last week they even gave up 445 yards to lowly Div. I-AA Rhode Island. With the Orange covering only 3 of their last 18 as a road dog look for the Cadillac to rack up some mileage.

MEMPHIS - 29 UAB - 10 ;)
Hapless Blazers may have already tossed the towel as evidenced by their 34-0 wipeout at the hands of Louisiana-Lafayette while Memphis appeared to get back on track in their rout of Tulane. Young Blazer defense that returns only 2 starters this year could be taken to the woodshed by RB DeAngelo Williams who?s
averaging 9.4 yards every time he totes the mail. With double revenge the clincher look for the Tigers to win handily at crumbling Legion Field.

OREGON ST. OVER USC BY 10 :thumb:
The Beavers play this with revenge for the 16-13 loss they took at the Coliseum last year despite outgaining the Trojans by nearly a 2 to 1 margin. Oregon St. is still the Rodney Dangerfield of football getting no respect despite covering 25 of 35 games under Dennis Erickson. The crowd certainly won?t be a factor
either at the cavernous Coliseum perhaps one of the reasons we find the Men of Troy just 3-13 ATS as a home favorite since 1999. Oregon St. has covered 9 of their last 12 as a road dog and are now an amazing 13-1 ATS in PAC 10 revenge games. With Oregon
St. having covered 6 straight once again a Beaver becomes more attractive than a Trojan.

TCSN

Forum Member
Apr 5, 2002
Be careful on Oklahoma as Stoops might not run up the score on South Florida.

Stoops was co-defensive coordinator with South Florida head coach Jim Leavitt at Kansas State & they are still good friends. I've seen it too many times where in situations like this a coach will go easy on their opponent.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

martycox

Forum Member
Sep 16, 2002
Columbus, MS
tc- I get this info from a newsletter. just passing it on for those that like to read it. I am on South Florida, myself.
But thanks for the insight.
Marty