Saturday Late Night HELP!!!!!!!

MB MLB 728x90 Jpg

Rebel21

Forum Member
Sep 4, 2002
hey to all...hope saturday went better for you then it did for me...whats the word on minn/la-laf, ucf/asu, csu/ucla, and kansas/unlv!!!! I NEED A WINNER BAD!!!!!!!

PUHD

PimpsUpHoesDown
Forum Member
Aug 23, 2002
Texas
Best advice, rent a movie on pay per view and get them tomorrow. Might save you from losing cash and help you win with the old lady!;)

As for me, I am waiting for the KU/UNLV game. Rebs played like arse last week, but the J's suck arse everyweek.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

hellah10

WOOFJUICE
Forum Member
Oct 24, 2001
Toledo
Heres something on the UCF - a write up from another site

Heres something on the UCF - a write up from another site

GAME NOTES: After evening its season tally at 1-1, Arizona State hosts its second consecutive game at Sun Devil Stadium this Saturday with the arrival of the Golden Knights of the University of Central Florida. Arizona State matched a school record with its sixth straight loss by losing its opener to Nebraska, 48-10, but the Sun Devils came home to Tempe this past weekend and soundly defeated Division I-AA foe Eastern Washington, 38-2. Unlike Eastern Washington's season opener last year, in which the underdogs came within two points of upsetting Oregon State, ASU made sure the Eagles had no delusions of victory. Instead, the Sun Devils quickly jumped on top, building a 28-2 lead at the half and cruised to victory. UCF, meanwhile, almost registered an opening day upset of its own. Though the Golden Knights were 0-10 in their history against ranked teams, they gave then 24th-ranked Penn State all the Nittany Lions could handle. UCF lost the game, but certainly gained the attention of Penn State, and perhaps some other observers around the country, in the 27-24 decision. Tempe marks the second stop of a three-game road swing to open the season for the Golden Knights, who are in their seventh year as a Division I-A team and their first as a member of the MAC. Saturday night's contest will be the first-ever meeting between UCF and Arizona State on the gridiron, as well as the first time the Golden Knights will have played a member of the Pac-10.

Had UCF retrieved an onsides kick, the Golden Knights might have been on their way to a victory against Penn State. Just when the offense was clicking and putting points on the board, time ran out. Down 27-9 in the fourth quarter, UCF made the game interesting with a pair of quick scores. Quarterback Ryan Schneider led the team downfield and Alex Haynes ran two yards for a TD. Tavaris Capers brought down the two-point conversion to make it a 27-17 game with 3:23 left, but an onsides kick failed. When the Golden Knights regained the ball with just 1:04 on the clock, they capped off an 80-yard drive with a six-yard TD pass to Capers. Once again, their attempts to reclaim the ball on the kickoff failed and the final 24 seconds ticked away. The loss spoiled an excellent effort by Schneider, who threw for 345 yards on 32-of-46 passing along with a touchdown and an interception. Doug Gabriel had a career day with 11 receptions for 153 yards, while Haynes led the team in rushing with 83 yards on 18 carries. Unfortunately, some negative yardage plays resulted in just 65 net rushing yards for UCF. Still, the Golden Knights outgained their high-profile opponent by 63 yards on the day.

While UCF ended the game with 410 total yards, the defense held Penn State to just 347 yards. Despite that fact, the Nittany Lions were obviously effective enough on offense to win the game. Penn State didn't overwhelm UCF with either the rush or the pass, but offered balanced doses of each, registering 194 yards in the air and 153 yards on the ground. Zach Mills was 13-of-20 passing, burning UCF for two touchdowns with no interceptions. Larry Johnson was allowed 92 yards on 18 carries, while Brant Johnson tallied 90 yards receiving on just three catches. The defense failed to collect any sacks, but did recover two Penn State fumbles. DeMar Johnson led the Golden Knights with six tackles on the day.

The offensive effort by Arizona State in its first win of the season was highlighted by two freshmen -- Hakim Hill and Chad Christensen. Hill ran for one touchdown and caught another, while Christensen threw two scoring strikes. Coach Dirk Koetter finally received out of Hill what was missing while he sat out last year with a suspension. Hill finished the game with 162 all-purpose yards -- 62 on 12 carries, 29 on two pass receptions and 71 on four punt returns. He also hit paydirt quickly, registering both of his scores in just 50 seconds. Christensen finished the game 12-of-21 for 135 yards in three quarters of work, while Andrew Walter went 3-of-4 for 52 yards in a backup role. Another exciting young weapon that was unleashed by ASU was Cornell Canidate, younger brother of the NFL's Trung Canidate. The freshman led the Sun Devils on the ground, gaining 100 yards on 15 carries for a 6.7 ypc average. Mike Pinkard led ASU on the receiving end, catching four balls for 59 yards. The Sun Devils tallied a total of 429 yards of offense while rushing for 242 yards and controlling the clock. They were also highly effective on third down, converting 11-of-18 opportunities.

Though Eastern Washington was a I-AA opponent, the Eagles did not come into the game without credentials. The team led I-AA in scoring and total offense last year, making Arizona State's defensive effort all the more impressive. The Eagles net rushing yards for the game were minus-13, while the team made just eight first downs all evening. With the running game completely shut down, Eastern Washington turned to the pass. Josh Blankenship couldn't get the offense back on track, going 18-of-36 for 211 yards while getting sacked five times. He was also intercepted by cornerback R.J. Oliver, who returned the ball 10 yards to the EWU 20-yard line to set up an eventual touchdown. Mason Unck recorded nine tackles, including seven solo stops, to g along with two TFLs. Matt Fawley also had nine stops. Terrell Suggs was a terror in the Eagles' backfield, notching three sacks in the game.

It's difficult to say what exactly UCF and Arizona State will bring to the table on Saturday night. Both teams showed something in their previous efforts, but did so against very different opposition. Does the Golden Knights' narrow loss to a ranked team speak louder than the Sun Devils' convincing defeat of a Division I-AA team? Indeed, UCF earned some respect in its opener, but playing two consecutive games on the road -- on separate sides of the country -- is a difficult task indeed. In a better circumstance, the Golden Knights might get the win, but the advantage lies with the home team this time around.

==============================================

My opionon ASU is a good team....but I think these 2 teams are very equal. Iam on UCF....no fawking possible way I have a losing night in the MAC...that has never happened...so IAm loading up on UCF

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

mush

Forum Member
Nov 28, 2001
NY
I think 7 is too much ---UCLA never has any D. CSU is always a tough team just hoping there is no let down from last week. I m on CSU for a unit and UCF for 2units

planning on watching the CSU game so I do more on the halftime

GL