superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Yesterday: 0-2

YTD: 7-4

Couldn't do any worse than yesterday.

Youngstown State +11.5

Niagara has all six starters back and should be a contender for the MAAC title. And they're also always tough at the Gallagher Center.

But I can't remember the last time they covered a number this big against anyone but Loyola-Maryland...Youngstown State is a decent Horizon conference team with 3 starters, back including leading scorer Underwood, and a couple of prep stars from the state of Georgia who should start.

Too big a number for Niagara to cover in their first game of the season.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Hudson Valley area.....NY
I will talk you out of it.Still under the weather.Can't get rid of this conjestion and stuffy head.Missed 3 days of work.That's more then i missed in 4 years.Tomr we have tickets to sit in the Merril Lynch box at Giant stad[Jets-Jack].My buddy is the head of their world wide security.He gets the box once a yr.I'm one of the designated driver since I have a van.I don't know if I have the energy to do it.We wait all yr for this.He's going to kick my ass if I punk out.
My wife comes home tomr.I have to get her a ride home from the airport.I'm only 10 minuts from the airport.
Have a few football plays to make.Then I'll be back.
Niagara beat Young lyr by 8 in Ohio.Young lost their top pt gd and Niagara is even better then lyr despite everyone back...

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
All due respect to Box, I'm sticking with Youngstown...in last years game YSU was up 50-49 before YSU went on a 17-8 run; Niagara shot 61% in the 2H.

Niagara has Mendez and Reaves but Youngstown State has Baumann....the only concern is that YSU lost their pg to graduation and has to rely on a youngster at the point.

I don't see Niagara breaking 70...and I think YSU can get to 60.

gl

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
superbook..."going against me"...Lol...I did my math and my line was between -9 and -10.And -10 was strecthing it.But i'm going to play it for a small amount anyway.This is my weakness as a handicapper.I know that and have tried to change but cannot.
In football I do that with the Giants.Smart people or real cappers know when to not play games and pass.
I've got to much passion and that is a weakness.
So tonite Mendez the second best player in the MAAC[after flores]dominates this team from Ohio_Ohio St killed me last nite in hoops.They got beat today in football by Michigan.And tonite the Purple Eagles will make it a trifecta to the "buckeye" state.
Now if I didn't convince you......or maybe Darden with those long arms making that patented steal ..on a breakaway...dunk...or Cruz..the 3rd best pt gd...knocking down the 3 or maybe............................. GL

superbook

Forum Member
Jun 26, 2001
Saratoga Springs, NY
Box -- I've got Niagara capped at single digits too, which is why I liked the 11 plus the hook. But in deference to your knowledge of the MAAC, I middled 11 (line now at 10.5) for half of my original wager.

Hope you're feeling better so you can drive the guys tomorrow...hard to six in the box with all of that free beer and not drink.:nono: Plenty of cabs from Newburgh for Mrs. Box, that's a decent airport as I used to fly in there from Pittsburgh once a month.

gl

bear

Forum Member
Jan 17, 2000
Fairfield, CT., USA
This is GREAT!

This is GREAT!

Two TITANS............peerless prognosticators of eastern cbb...........with opposing viewpoints...:D
Hi Guys!........I hope its a push! I see its Niagra by four at the half.
I guess Detroit is giving DUKE all they could handle tonight .......its a shame they will lose this one.....Duke has about the same number of points from the line as from the floor:nono:
Det...in foul trouble all night and finally succumbed...tooo bad

Watched CT roll over Sacred Heart today... not much competition there but CT is getting more comfortable...shot lights out! Poor Dave Bike (400 career Ws) up at SHU........He had a quality Div.2
program some 15 to 20 years ago ...Nat Champs in 86 and maybe even the best team in CT at the time. Great rivalry with U of Bpt with Manute Bol (very exciting and a lotta talent from New Haven).......Then SHU started to grow and he got his program ruined when they took away athletic scholarships....Now Div 1 and struggling. Good Man though.

Good Luck tonight men and off to a great start!!

bear

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

Box and one

Forum Member
Feb 26, 2000
Superbook,should of listened to you.I capped the number right in the Niagara game.When I see it at -11 your susposed to go opposite.But like I said that is my weakness.
But I won with SIU,Creighton,Memphis,and Hofstra.Would of swept the bd if it wasn't for my Purple eagles.

Bear,where have you been.Tomr I was going to put out a Bear hunt for you.I know Bike or met him.Hartford used to have a great coaches clinic every yr.I went about 5 or 6 times.My boy Bayno played there at SH. Rudy Charles too.Not sure if you know him.Yest had a good day.But another loss because of my heart going with Fairfield.Missed by a pt but the Stags are 12 pts better then the Crimson.

Going to the jet game tomr.Feel a little better.
Superbook....good job tonite.Sorry if I made you middle a play.And Fairfields coach Timmy O went to my HS and coached one of my kids in the Empire St games.When will I ever learn...