Saturday

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
Gonna post these early, because I feel the lines are going to move against me. And if they don't I will say DOHHHH like Homer Simpson.

Alabama +1 vs. Florida 3 Units

While Florida comes into this game White Hot, I still cannot trust Matt Walsh in a matchup of athletic, scoring guards with the likes of Steele and Shelton. While the assist to turnover ratios do not back up my logic, I am going on what I have seen all year long with Walsh. He has just had the propensity to disapperar in big games and I don't think tomorrow will be any different. I do realize that this Florida team dismantled Alabama in early February and will contradict every matchup I feel favors Alabama. However Fla shot 10 more FT and Bama shot 39% from the floor in that game. I just cannot see Matt Walsh loggin 7 Assists and 0 Turnovers on a neutral floor or the Tide getting outboarded as badly as they did in their first tilt.

While Fla has 1 nice big man in Lee, I like Davis, Davidson and Winston much better.

Even the best handicappers are usually wrong 40% of the time.

Georgia Tech +8.5 3 Units

Bottom line here without getting too drawn out this is a totally different team with a healthy Elder. They do need Big Bird to pick it up on both ends like he did at the end of the year, because it will be key for him to Keep May from becoming too out of control. But I feel that the guard play from Elder and Jack gives them the edge over Felton and Mc Cants, which I feel that GT may have a chance to win but am too chicken to bet the ML.

GLTA
:mj23:

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
barry

I havn't seen Florida play this year but I heard they were a little soft at times.

Its not the time to be soft going up against this Alabama team.
Take it to the hoop with authority.

If I am not mistaken Florida lost to Alabama last year in the tournament. Not sure.

I like your play and I think your right.

MrBubbles

Forum Member
Nov 21, 2004
Hawaii
Florida and Alabama are both soft. Florida is definitely left soft this year than they have been in the past. They have won a lot of physical games. Similar teams in many ways. Hard one to pick.

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

THE KOD

Registered
Forum Member
Nov 16, 2001
Victory Lane
K. Winston 18

I don't think Winston played in the loss to Florida. I think he is Alabamas leading scorer.

He could be the differance.

I like getting the +1.

fawk it I am playing it too.

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
good luck gents. I hope I did not make Alabama out to be world beaters, because away from Tuscalsoosa, they certainly have some chinks in their armor. I really think they are playing well in their last 3 and granted, I don't know psychologically how much they could have been affected by their collapse vs Kentucky. But another Big X factor I left out in this game is that I think Gottfried is a much better coach than Billy Munster.

Digging a little deeper the Clown Faced Goblin aka Walsh scored these many points in Fla Losses this year:

8 vs. Miami on 2/9 shooting 3 as 4 turnovers
14 vs Louisville but 8 of those came from the FT line. He shot 3/11 2 Ast 1 TO

DNP vs. FSU

6 pts vs. Tennessee 2/6 shooting 2 Assist 3 TO

5 pts vs. Miss State 1/5 shooting 3 Ast 1 TO

He did play extremely welli in a road loss vs. Kentucky however

18 Pts 6/11 Shooting 2 Ast 2 TO

17 pts vs. LSU 7/12 Shooting 0 Ast 2 TO

He was fair in their big win over Kentucky

I may be singling him out, maybe I am jealous over his playboy gf but I am backing up my logic with some stats here. He has played somewhat better down the stretch in some games but if Alabama goes after Roberson and says beat me Walsh can he do it? My stats and logic come up with a high enough standard of deviation and numbers to say no.

Granted I know Walsh is a F, but he handles the ball more than the avg forward on most teams, hence listing his assist to TO ratios. The youth of the guys that Fla will count on to reb for them may also play a part here on the neutral court.

GL to everyone!!!

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
recrap

Today 1-1 -.3 Units Congrats to all that had Fla. They are playing really well and I wonder if they get a 4 seed now regardless of what happens tomorrow.

YTD 3-1 +4.7 Units working on late nite play

MB NCAAF 728x90 Jpg

barry_virus

Forum Member
Feb 28, 2005
For a few Dollars More

Utah State -3 2 Units. No time for a writeup but I am confident it is worthy of putting some dead presidents on.

GLTA

Bet on MyBookie