SATURDAY'S NHL PICKS...

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
hey there everyone, I'm back again with a few games which I think have a good chance of going through...

1) ISLES/BOSTON : this is the first game that jumps out at me. Boston is in a MUST win situation for the rest of the season, and the Isles tanked it in back to back home and home games against the rangerz. Even though the BRUINS lost to Ottawa in OT last nite, this game is incentive enough to take it out on the hapless Isles in front of their home crowd.

taking BOSTON (-1.5)
yes..!! i am taking the deuce!!!

2) RANGERZ/NJ : well NJ is one of those few teams that have something like a 15 or 20 game undefeated streak aginst another team, and this happens to be the Rangers (i think Detroit is undefeated in their last 20 or some ought games against Vancouver, for all you stats gurus out there...)
Rangers play NJ well at the Maddy, but THIS ain't the MADDY!!! NJ's playing at home, firing on all cylinders. NJ has had two days off to think about this one while the rangers are just playing out the season. NJ at home against the rangers in the last five matches are averaging wins by 3 goals while going 5-0 SU. It also helps that the DEVILS are trying to establish first place over all and they'd LOVE to play an 8th seeded team.

taking NJ -1.5 (oh oh...another deuce..???)

3) this one seems like a no-brainer
WILD/ NASHVILLE under 4.5
last scores in this series ? 2-1 (TWICE) and 0-0. seems like these teams are having problems scoring, but their goaltending is quite solid so i'm not too scared by the 4.5 total. Watch for Minny to continue using the "great" neutral zone trap as we all take advantage of the under in most of MINNY's games this season.
biggrin.gif

4) SJ vs PHNX : teemu selanne seems to have broken out of his shy shell en route to scoring a hat trick in the last game against the DUCKS (who i think have thrown in the towel now..). Nabokov seems to have lost his confidence a bit over the last few games which is why i don't know the total for this game is 4.5...?? phnx put 3 goals in the last gaem but blew the game, and SJ seems to have found their scoring touch.

taking the OVER 4.5

------------------
Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.
"Oh! Was I speaking Latin again? Silly me. Sometimes it just sort of slips out."

GOOD LUCK TO ALL TONITE.
TORONTO-VIGILANTE.

TORONTO-VIGILANTE

ad interim...
Forum Member
Dec 27, 2000
"...Quo fas et gloria ducunt..."
recap:

2)boston barely hung on to beat the ISLES, scoring two late goals to get the deuce spread.

1-1

3) + (4 = Toronto Vigilante gets killed once again by the over/under this time by one goal each.
SJ/PHON = OVER 4.5 final score 3-1 PHNX
WILD/NASH = under 4.5 final : 4-1 Nashville

final record = 1-3
(my first really "bad" night in a LOOONNNGGGG time. )
but that's why there's tomorrow.
biggrin.gif

Bet on MyBookie